55g for sale?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55g for sale?

So I'm buying a place with a friend and was talking to the manager of the place she is wanting to get rid of her 55g tank and stand complete with fish filter heaters etc... I told her ie have to see it before I pained $300 for the setup... However I already know I cannot want the fish... 20" common pleco
    Oscar
    Blood parrot
    18" knife fish...

Yeah so I was mad and I told her what was.wrong... Anyways if I convince her to take the fish to the lfs here how much should I offer.for the tank, stand, heater, and 2 biowheel filters?
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Depends on the stand and the condition of the equipment. A stand alone for a 55 goes for about 1-200 depending..tank about 150 (these are new prices.) Personally, if she's got those types of fish in there...I get the sneaking suspicion she's likely not taking the best care of her equipment either, so maybe 250? Most combos in my area on craigslist go for that for a 55.
    ~Erin
    10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

I think $300 for a 55g and all the stuff is kinda of pricey IMO. You can probably get a bigger tank for that much with all the trimmings.

$100 final offering
      Last edited by NorthStar; 04-09-2013, 07:00 PM.
      Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

A lot depends on how it looks. Is it going to need a major cleanup to get it going? Personally, I wouldn't go over $100-$125 for a used setup. But I'm a cheapskate.
        __________________________________________________ __________
        Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Well I was planning to buy a 55 or a 40B as my bedrooms centerpiece so I figured I'd see about this... I'm still cruising craigslist now though... And like I told her I'd have to see the tank before I made any promises...
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
          "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I agree with NorthStar. I wouldn't go higher than $100. I paid $60 for one set up and got the other for free.
            -Jonathan

Comment

Okay I'll see what I can do... But I'll be.sure to talk her into giving the fish away to the lfs...
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Another Northstar agreement here, you should be able to get a something more along the lines of a complete 100g or larger aquarium for the price she wants. I pretty much ignore any potential value the equipment might have because theres no way to know how hard the owner has been on it, how old it is or if its going to work in a day. I bend the rules for awesome canisters though.
                Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 04-10-2013, 08:56 PM. Reason: language
                __________________________________________________ _____
                Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Full setup ready to go and if you can get it all while its wet I might offer $150 but dried out and sitting $100 or under. The tank I wouldnt pay more than 60 for as petco usually runs $1 per gallon sales and 55's are usually on the list.
                  -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                  If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                  Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I agree, if you buy a tank used you're generally expecting pretty rock-bottom prices. I've seen tanks on Craigslist for more than they cost new!! Some people don't get it. Anyway, I agree she's asking way too much.

Comment

Well if o had a petco near me I'd have bought a 55 by now... I found a different 55 on CL for 165... Literally the cheapest I can find... Lol check I just saw a 10 with some accessories for $70 lol... Mine brand new with accessories cost maybe $45 that's after getting 2 heaters lol...
                      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Everything is expensive out here so I'm no help. Everybody here thinks theirs is gold plated...when its really something else.
                        Robin
                        55g, 10g, 5g
                        55g and another 10g being planned.

Comment

I agree, The problem is some people are willing to pay it, personally I just wait it out and if people dont respond then I dont worry about it. But these people are getting a bit crazy on CL.
                          -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                          If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                          Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
                          X