Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving tropicals outside

Anybody else do this during the summer?
    I will start moving some endlers outside by mid next month. Not sure what else is going to play outside this year.
    The old that is strong, does not wither.

I have never done that. Do you put them in a pond type setting or do you set up tanks outside? My aunt had some goldfish in a small outside pond one year and a heron ate them all.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I only wished I had a pond.
      Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Me too. Our back yard is wet enough and there used to be a small pond on the property directly behind ours that got filled in, but I keep getting the evil eye when I say I want one.
        Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I have several large cattle watering troughs, 2 in ground ponds and several 100-500 gallon kiddy pools.
          I usually only put large plecos into the in grounds, so I only have to remove one or two large fish at seasons end.

Comment

Do you have to run filtration and everything even in the in ground ponds. My sister has a small frog pond (actually I think it's half a big barrel) and I am pretty sure she has some kind of pump running because there is a small waterfall in there.
            Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

The ingrounds have filtration. The others are just heavily planted.

Comment

You are making the gears in my little head start to whirl.
                Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Whirl, gears, whirl.

I few things to remember:
                  make it kid safe
                  make it so animals cannot get to fish
                  somewhere I always put out small fish, they love mosquitos
                  be aware of chemicals that may be used near the fish, weed killer, fertilizer, ect

Comment

Could you post a pic of your setup? I'd love to see it.

Also, to answer your question, no. But I'd like to.

Comment

I've had mollies outdoors year around, and Endlers. The mollies did much better. Endlers all died off. Also have a common pleco in the 150 somewhere... Never see him though lol

Comment

Originally posted by Akari_32 View Post
                        I've had mollies outdoors year around, and Endlers. The mollies did much better. Endlers all died off. Also have a common pleco in the 150 somewhere... Never see him though lol
                        I didn't know you had a common plec in your pond how big is he?

I've already warned Oliver when we move I'm having a pond he just shook his head but he didn't say no lol

I too would love to see some pictures of your ponds Dino pppplllleeeeaaaasssseeee
                        Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                          I didn't know you had a common plec in your pond how big is he?

I've already warned Oliver when we move I'm having a pond he just shook his head but he didn't say no lol

I too would love to see some pictures of your ponds Dino pppplllleeeeaaaasssseeee
                          Hese not very big, last I saw him. 4 inches maybe. I added him a few months before it started getting cold, so he really hasn't had time to grow yet.

And Dino, WE NEED PICTURES!

Comment

They are a mess. I need to get in them and do some cleaning! I will see if I can find some old pictures.

Comment

I'm going to be moving my rosy minnows outside here shortly they are starting to get territorial in my tank and a few are egg bound... I may get lucky and have some babies lol...
                              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
                              2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
                              1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
                              40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
                              "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Working...
                              X