Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great fish weekend!

Wow what a great fish weekend for me!

So lets see as its late and im tired from a bunch of house work ill keep it quick

Stopped at my local Petco as I was next door at staples getting a few things and wanted to see if there was anything interesting, yup there was, they got a shipment of Amano shrimp in. Sweet! Also ran into a sales clerk I had not seen for a while so we chatted while he bagged me some shrimp. Had him bag for 4 diff tanks for me to make things a bit easier once I got home. I get up to the counter and the girl looks at the bags, and starts to type in the numbers. I got 12 of them in total, 4 bags total, so she grabs the one with 4 in it and puts it in my shopping bag, then looks at the next one gets distracted and puts it in the bag without typing the number in, she picks up the next one and types it in, and then the 4th one. She then scans my package of NLS algae waffers which was marked down to $3 for the small jar cause the plastic lid was broken, yeah ok fine Ill take it! lol. She says the total and it didnt seem right so I asked if she got all the shrimp, she said yeah I got all your silly shrimp, why did you need to have them all in seperate bags you should have just had them all in one they would have fit just fine. So I let it go and walked away with 4 free shrimp.

Went up to my good LFS to see about trying to get their leaky 75gal tank but the owner wants to try and seal it for the third time....I keep telling him that he needs to strip all the old silicon from the tank but he never listens, Oh well.... He wasnt there on this particular day thou so I chatted it up with the guys that were there and just had a great relaxing time. I noticed some new fish in a couple tanks and asked about them as I hadnt seen them earlier in the week and they had already gotten their weekly delivery of fish. Was told a guy broke down his tank and brought these in to the store. He brought in 3 peppered corries that were just HUGE! had to be 3-4 inches long easily and were just plain big and fat. I almost took them home but decided that the 8 I have was enough besides these were twice the size of any of mine. Then I looked over where the 75 that leaked used to be, nice new tank and it was stocked, hmmmm ton of common plecos, pass, couple kissing gourami...pass....wait didnt he have those down the other end? huh must be over flow, nice rianbow shark, little big for me but someone should be happy with the 7inch fish. OOO pretty clown loaches....Hmmm how much...no tag......."Hey how much you want for these loaches?" "Which ones?" came the reply, "The big ones in the new tank" "Oh those were from that dudes tank, gimmie $20 and there yours" "For all 6??" "Sure dont need to keep 8inch loaches around, most people dont have the tank for them, where are you gonna put them? In with all your rainbow fish?" "I was thinking that" "Ill get a bigger box lol" And so now I have 6 almost 8inch clown loaches in my tank lol.

While I was there I noticed he got a shipment of shrimp in FINALLY! so I was looking it over, nothing good and the prices were bad on most of it. The RCS were even $2 a shrimp! So I commented to him while he was having a bad time getting splashed by the loaches he was trying to catch (LOL). He said if I was willing to take whatever came up in the net I could have it for the cost of 5, yup sold!

So that was my good weekend. So heres the Cliff Notes version

$7 NLS algae waffers jar for $3
    12 Amano shrimp for the cost of 8
    6 HUGE clown loaches for $20
    and gosh only knows but I think at least 10 RCS for $10
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

That's a great haul!! Enjoy all the newcomers
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Comment

Very excellent haul!
      The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

Dang, you lucky brat! You should send some shrimp my way ;D

Comment

Sounds like you had an awesome day all right!

Some cashier at petsmart looked at my shrimp bag of ghosties and went "I hope these guys aren't going to be food!" so I had to explain to him that they're part of my freshwater CUC lol He thought it was the most awesome thing he'd ever heard of.
          ~Erin
          10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

I love LFS shopping congratulations on your new aquatic babies excellent bargains. Hope there will be some pictures
            Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Great deals! I never seem to hit mine at the right time.
              __________________________________________________ __________
              Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Thanks guys, and well I can get some pics of the loaches today hopefully (after I clean the front glass) but the shrimp....that may or may not happen lol there doing a great job of hiding in all my plants at the moment.
                -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Great bargain.

How did your wife react? I usually have to hide my fish purchase.
                  Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

I just put everything in the tank while she was out lol. She noticed them about 2 days later haha. It isnt new fish that are a problem its wanting to setup more tanks.
                    -Jim-

Comment

Working...
                    X