Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traded Tiger barbs in for.... wait for it....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traded Tiger barbs in for.... wait for it....

10 more Harlequin Rasboras bringing my school up to 20!

I LOVE a big school of schooling fish. The new additions are still pretty pale from their stresses and smaller than my originals who were just starting to show some real color... so I'm hoping that with the NLS food and beautiful planted tank they will get some color soon.

To recap, I had 20 or so various size tiger barbs (regular and green) that I just couldn't put up with their behavior anymore, the appeared to be attacking and killing the weakest among them once a week or more and my tank is too heavily planted for me to have to worry about a dead fish rotting somewhere. Also I was worried that they would start going after my Rasboras and corys (though up to this point they hadn't). I brought them in for a little credit at the store and combined with a "spend $100 get $5 credit" I had waiting for me, my rasboras were free! Woo hooo!

So I'm thinking of getting a couple of rams. Either the normal blue ones or my other LFS had some gorgeous gold ones. Not in a hurry to get them though that could change lol (my tank parameters have been perfect for months now).
    Gingerone's Tanks:
    55 Gal: Harlequin Rasboras x 20 , Panda Cory x 6 , Green Cory x 3 , Oto x 2 , BN Pleco, 3 Mystery Snails, MTS and Nerite x 4
    20 Gallon X-High: FW in process of becoming a Riparium
    Future Proposed Stocking: 15 Coral Red Pencilfish (if my LFS can get them!)

Congratulations on the calmer environment. I bet it is a relief for you to not have to worry about the barbs any longer.
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Comment

congrats glad you could get some more fish that you like better in the tank.
      -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
      If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
      Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

That must look so cool with that many in a school. So where are the pictures?
        Last edited by oscarsbud; 04-15-2013, 02:41 PM.
        __________________________________________________ __________
        Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I was wondering that too

Congratulations on finding a place for the barbs and getting your Harley's
          Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Grats on getting your tank into a more peaceful zone. I love the look of tiger barbs...but they're so -evil-
            ~Erin
            10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Congrats on the new fishes! I love harlies.
              -Jonathan

Comment

Problem with pictures is that my tank is still pretty cloudy from my recent debacle with the filter cleaning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366077029.446081.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	138132

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366077048.555090.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	138133
                Gingerone's Tanks:
                55 Gal: Harlequin Rasboras x 20 , Panda Cory x 6 , Green Cory x 3 , Oto x 2 , BN Pleco, 3 Mystery Snails, MTS and Nerite x 4

Comment

None the less your tank is beautiful!
                  It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                  As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Very pretty tank indeed!
                    -Jonathan

Comment

Tank looks great! Nice looking rasboras.
                      -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                      If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                      Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Awwww thanks guys... I'm hoping to get the water a bit clearer over the next week. Bugs me that it is so cloudy.

I was watching them last night... oh how I love a big school... very at peace with my decision.

What to add next though? I was thinking GBRs but I'm open to suggestions.
                        Gingerone's Tanks:

Comment

EBR's!
                          It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                          As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Both Jon got me a pair of Germans, a gold and a ebr .....such a fun colorful tank to watch!
                            36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Electric Blue Ram?
                              Gingerone's Tanks:

Comment

Working...
                              X