Weird occurence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird occurence

When I got home today from school, I noticed one of my betta's (PK) fins were very ragged and torn. I thought it was very strange. I didn't suspect it was because my other betta (HM) jumped the divider, attacked this betta (PK), and went over since I didn't see any torn fins on the HM. And anyway, I beat a pk could easily beat a hm in a fight if they had to. He may have gotten sucked onto the filter. So, I turned off the filter on the pk's side, added vitachem, and left. I come back a few hrs later to find my hm on the pks side. The hm is swimming happily around while the pk is face down parallel to the intake of an off filter. I quickly scooped up the HM and put him back on his side. After moving the hm to his own side, he seemed to be trying his hardest to get to the other side, which is strange. I don't see any damage to the hm or any more damage to the pk. Odd. I tried to think of how it could've gotten to he other side and the only possible way is by jumping throuhg the open space between the divider and hood. I seal that area with sponge. I move the heater and the better filter (AC 20) to the pks side, add more vitachem, and leave for the night. I wonder if the pk will be alive tomorrow morning, although he was swimming and even eating ver well despite many injuries... Hope so

Aww Best wishes for the PK. That's so strange that the HM wants to be on the other side so much. I wonder if the HM bullied the PK down to the substrate.

Comment

Kinda strange, either that or he is sneaking under or around the divider some how. Heres hoping for a speedy recovery thou.
      -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
      If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
      Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

How are your boys today?
        Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Doing good! I'm going to do a water change right now. I will upload a vid of the pk after.

Comment

Glad your bettas are looking better
            Robin
            55g, 10g, 5g
            55g and another 10g being planned.

Comment

Originally posted by QQQUUUUAADDD View Post
              Doing good! I'm going to do a water change right now. I will upload a vid of the pk after.
              That's excellent to hear Q looking forward to the video
              Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

glad to hear that he is doing well and improving!
                -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

That is weird.. Glad it is doing better though.
                  -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                  X