12" Cube

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12" Cube

I just ordered a 12" Cube with high clarity glass. He said it should ship out tomorrow. I was able to buy it with my "snail money".

I have no idea what I'm going to put it in. I might end up playing musical tanks and moving some critters around. I used to house my son's two ADF's with my bororas and have considered doing that arrangement again and then moving my orange shrimp into this new tank. It would clean things up quite a bit. Thankfully my orange shrimp haven't had any babies yet, so that will make it simpler.

So many choices! It was a good deal ($50 shipped) and I love my other rimless tank, so I figured why not?

I'll take pictures when it arrives in a few days.

Shrimp... Lots and lots of shrimp!
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Congrats . That is a good price.
      Last edited by NorthStar; 04-18-2013, 03:34 PM. Reason: added information.
      Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

I would think shrimp for the tank, but great price on it,
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

There is a breed called rainbow shrimp... I use to own some until a water issue killed them all... Literally the shrimp come in a variety of colors I loved them! I have been attempting to track down the seller I got mine from... Maybe you should get some if you like lots of color!
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
          2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
          1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
          40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
          "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

That's awesome! What brand is it?
            -Jonathan

Comment

Thanks, everyone. It was being sold by a man from ADA. Some sort of project they had going on that they had a bunch of tanks designed for and then ended up not using them. They've been in storage for a year. He called them ADA-like quality clarity, silicone, etc. Frank something or other was his name. I'd already been looking at another Mr Aqua tank when I saw this one and it looked nicer and was cheaper.

Comment

Good snag on the tank
                Robin
                55g, 10g, 5g
                55g and another 10g being planned.

Comment

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...7&clickid=cart

I'm looking at this light for the tank. I use primarily moss, java ferns, anubias in my shrimp tanks...think it will work well? I'm also considering one for my 7.5 Mr Aqua bowfront, I'm just not sure how well that light will distribute through a longer tank.

Comment

I ended up ordering a Finnex Fugeray for this tank. Now I'm searching for one for my 7.5 bowfront. I'm not sure the one above will do the trick on that length of tank.

Comment

I love cubes, can't wait to see pictures once it's up and running. I chose to go rimless for my centerpiece tank. I really love the rimless look. If you're still looking for one for your bowfront, here's one to look at:

http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=667

I've got two of them lighting my planted rimless (36" long) They come in other sizes too.

Good luck with the cube!
                      Chris (the 'h' is silent)

Comment

Thanks for the link! The man I purchased it from was going to offer me a combo deal but the only light he was offering was the aquasky (sp?) and the combo was $200. I decided to pass.

Comment

I just looked up that fugeray light...WAY COOL! Very interested in what you think of it.
                          Chris (the 'h' is silent)

Comment

Rimless tanks are sharp looking...
                            It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                            As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Originally posted by cafN8d View Post
                              I love cubes, can't wait to see pictures once it's up and running. I chose to go rimless for my centerpiece tank. I really love the rimless look. If you're still looking for one for your bowfront, here's one to look at:

http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=667

I've got two of them lighting my planted rimless (36" long) They come in other sizes too.

Good luck with the cube!
                              I've decided I'm quite in love with the light from this link you sent me. It's out of stock right now...so is the fugeray in the size I need, but that light is the type of thing I could buy that would make my husband happy. He likes the clean sleek look. AND he's given me quite a bit of money from the tax return to do whatever I want with....within reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X