Your Pics and Idea's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Pics and Idea's

We all have idea's of what we like our aquariums to look like and even come up with great idea's ourselves and of course what we find online that inspires us and of course the ever changing idea's that we go through...

I thought it would be a great idea to have a thread where we post a pic of our tanks (yes I know we all have our tanks posted here and there) and would love to hear everyone's thoughts and idea's, inspirations and what we want to accomplish... Shoot I like the idea that I can be inspired by what you guys may have already done or going to do

I thought this would be fun and even educational
    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

This is the most recent photo I have of my 150G tank.

Ideally, I want it to be fuller with plants. Right now there are 2 resin "mountains" side by side in there. I am seriously thinking of removing one if I can do it without disrupting the setup too badly. My grapevine is still floating, but I'm sure it will sink eventually and when it does, it will look entirely too chaotic with both the mountains in there. I would love to have a grassy meadow look on the right side where the bacopa is, but without using CO2, I don't think that is going to happen right away. Other than that, I am actually pretty happy with the way it is progressing. There are lots of hiding places for the fish and most everybody seems to get along fine most of the time.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

This is my 120g as of lastnight...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130421_012431.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	138199

I would like my tank to fill in also BUT I am new to all these live plants, There are so many that are beginning to interest me along with my future aquascapping projects, I do love the negative space... my angels enjoy it too, I would however would like to try giving the tank a really natural look hence my decor now but letting the plants fill out before I do more... in the future, I would like to scape out a little asian style hillside with depth, making small pathways, bridges and tiny oriental buildings and replicate bonsai trees with various types of moss and using different types of plants I'm learning about now to give the hillsides more of a woodsy feel... I've spent a lot of time looking at aquascaping sites So what excites me as that my little Asian mountain range hasn't seem to be done yet... or I just haven't found it...

~Anthony

Comment

Both of your tanks look beautiful

Mine you have probably already seen but I do like to share

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366555940.390376.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	138200
        Snailtopia

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366555958.572712.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	138201
        Monkey land

I currently have something in a bag and have some trimming to do either tonight or tomorrow once I do ill update
        Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Of course, we have seen yours and you have seen ours silly... this thread is about dreams, goals, idea's, inspirations and planning along with stocking idea's and what you are trying to accomplish... now and in the future

~Anthony

Comment

Lol sorry I can be a little slow sometimes

I'm hoping to build up the anubias on the wood on the background and will probably move the rotala to the left back corner as the hygrophila just isn't growing as fast as I would like and tidy up the other plants. As far as stocking goes I would love to add some more cories.

Maybe another school or up a school I've just added too
            Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

You all have some beautiful aquariums . I am happy that there are so many people on here that like to incorporate live plants into their tanks. Everyone has such nice looking angelfish too.

I can't seem to remember how far I have gone into describing what I want to do with my high tech tank, so bare with me if some is repetitive .

Pictures of the display and sump as of today. Sorry about the blur.

In the display tank my overall plan is a Dutch aquascape, but not following all of the rules of it. Some plants will still be phased out since they are in there till the tank has matured well. Each plant color and size will compliment the ones around it, but there still needs to be more red contrast. That will be achieved by rotala mini butterfly that will probably replace the bunch in the center. Also, the heater will go to the sump like it was supposed to long ago lol, and the surface skimmer for the overflow will be slimmed down as much as possible and will be black so it blends in. As for stocking, the school of ember tetras will be increased to 20 or so, one more panda cory will be added back to replace the lost one from columnaris, and some sort of dwarf cichlid pair will be added.

The sump will have as many plants as I can add above the water, which I think I have achieved that once the plants fill in more. Behind the sump I am planning to add a long planter box to add a large group of alternanthera for color once I add some light behind the tank. I'd like to add a fogger to increase the humidity slightly also. If it could be pulled off somehow, it would be neat to enclose the bottom with acrylic to create something of a terrarium instead, but I have not quite figured out how and if that would even work. Then all the plants could be emersed aquarium plants if the humidity is high enough, and the outgassed CO2 would go to go use above.

This is a neat thread, it is nice to see what everyone is planning, and I'm sure it will give others tons of ideas too .

Comment

My high tech tank is forever changing! And I am in the process of purchasing more plants...lol

Here is my tank from a couple of weeks ago....

And another from today....

I removed all the new Amazon Sword babies and pulled up some of the Dwarf Sag that was starting to grow under the driftwood on the left. I plan to rehome all of the 6-8 inch Amazon Swords and a large portion of the Dwarf Sag to make room for plants of color. All my touchy plants have died out But, I think of this as an opportunity to try different plants

The Cabomba pulcherrima is starting to make a comeback now that I am again focused on rebalancing my tank and getting rid of all the GSA. I do have some Red and Bronze Crypt wendttii, but they grow so slowly that the other plants have covered them up!

Thinking about giving Dwarf Hair Grass or Dwarf Baby Tears another try. The Dwarf Sag is nice, but it has been growing far too tall for my liking.

I am not striving to create anything specific. All I am after is to create something that makes me happy
                - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                Socrates

Comment

Here's a pic of my 50 gallon.

It currently has goldfish, and two AC filters. My eventual goal is to upgrade the goldfish to a 75+ gallon tank, make sumps for both tanks, as the main filters and stock this tank with something new: a semi-aggressive community, with rocks and wood, and a few hardy plants.

Comment

Such beautiful work, you guys have some fantastic idea's and beautifully arranged tanks!

~Anthony

Comment

Mine would look a lot better if the sailfin pleco wasn't such a bulldozer. Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X