Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New tank, finally one I have been waiting for!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tank, finally one I have been waiting for!

I finally after about 6 months of looking got a tank that I have been wanting. Over the weekend I picked up a nice brand new second hand 125gal tank!

It is a 125gal oceanic tank factory drilled on the bottom for 2 returns and 2 supply lines. Unfortunately no plumbing came with the tank so the leak test will have to wait until I can get some fittings for it. Unless I want it to leak in the designated areas lol. I was psyched when I was able to get it, they guy selling it said 2 people came to look at it and were upset because "The tank it ruined, it has holes in it what good is it now!"

SO for $200 I have a tank! I actually need to go and measure it as I am starting to think it actually may be a 150 which would be even better, but either way I will be happy to get it going once I find a place for it in the house. Tank is the cherry color trim with the extra trim kit with it (The kind that just looks a little nicer than the normal plastic and glues on over it)

Stocking is already semi planned as follows

My current rainbow fish stock in my 75 which are austrailians, bosemani, parkinsoni, and turquoise
    4-6 Bala Sharks (I have been wanting these since I started keeping fish)
    6+ clown loaces
    Khuli loaches

Possible further additions (not necessarily all of them):
    Rose Line Sharks (aka Denison Barbs)
    Giant Danios
    Praecox rainbows
    Cory's of some kind
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Woohoo! Can't wait to see it!! Those people are insane! Holes are awesome, very little evaporation from the display and you can get into all kinds of trouble plumbing an awesome setup. Do I need to say pictures.....................
    Last edited by Matt B; 04-21-2013, 06:29 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

you dont need to, but it is dark out and it is out in the barn currently.
      -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

At least go measure it for us!
        ~Erin
        10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

I cant see the darn thing, its dark out there lol, no im not affraid of the dark but im also not walking all the way across the property to the barn either.
          -Jim-

Comment

Originally posted by pirahnah3 View Post
            I cant see the darn thing, its dark out there lol, no im not affraid of the dark but im also not walking all the way across the property to the barn either.
            You have a barn too... gods you and Jon must take pictures xD anyways I can't wait for pictures!

Also I never understood drilling tanks myself as I've never seen one drilled before, in person, so I wouldn't know what to do with it :/ when you go to set it up maybe you can make a video of how you did it...
            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
            2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
            1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
            40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
            "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

its for the use of sumps thou im sure you could use it with a canister also.
              -Jim-

Comment

Congrats on the new tank! Can't wait to see pictures. Of course we fully expect a build thread.
                Originally posted by Sean View Post
                You have a barn too... gods you and Jon must take pictures xD anyways I can't wait for pictures!
                Hahahaha I don't JUST have a barn. I have a barn, a shed, and a greenhouse!
                -Jonathan

Comment

Fine then, rub it in all of our faces Send me a 20 tall please! No stand or hood, just need the tank.

Comment

Well as requested I got pics, and measured the tank, BONUS it IS a 150!

-Jim-

Comment

Wow, what a beast!!
                      When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

That is awesome! Congrats! I honestly can't wait to see it together! Nothing like finding out its bigger than what you expected!
                        Last edited by AquaAnt; 04-22-2013, 07:59 PM.
                        It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                        As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Awesome deal.
                          __________________________________________________ __________
                          Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Congratulations my friend! I have always found bigger water easier and more forgiving.
                            The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

Congratulations Jim can't wait to see this get started
                              Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Working...
                              X