Best time to get fish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best time to get fish

What is everyone's opinion on this? When is the best time to get fish from the LFS 1) Day of arrival to the store or 2) the day before the new arrival?
    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

For me it's Sunday. Half price fish day!

My LFS usually gets there fish the first Monday of every month, so I usually wait till the following Sunday so the fish have some time to adjust and calm down a little.

Comment

That is a good question. I would almost think it would be better before the new batch comes in. This way the ones that came in sickly or too stressed are already weeded out and the ones left have settled and are a little more stable.
      __________________________________________________ __________
      Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

It's Fridays for me... Day before lfs gets fish and the day petsmart gets them
        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
        2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
        1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
        40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Depends on the store lol my LFS I usually am there on a regular basis and I watch the fish and the tanks. Gives a preview of what to expect as far as deaths from shipping and bad breeding. If its a chain I usually snap them on on shipment day and if im quick before they even hit their system.
          -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
          If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
          Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
          X