Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tanked Show is really starting to make me mad!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanked Show is really starting to make me mad!

Just watched an episode of Tanked where they set up a small tank for a pre-teen and a larger tank for a Houdini themed room. Both tanks were freshwater, which is quite unusual for this team.

But look at what they dared to do:

Child's tank was 8G and built inside an old TV box. This kid had saved his money for 5 years to purchase this tank! And look what these so called experts stocked an 8G tank with:
    Red Tailed Shark
    2 Albino RTS
    2 Bala Sharks

Not one of those fish belong in 8G! Those sharks are going to kill each other. I'd be surprised if there is even a single survivor in a month's time! GGRRRRR. Just irritating that this young boy saved for so many years to have it end in great disappointment in such a short time. There is no way anyone who understands fish care would even consider such a mix in an 8G tank.

The 2nd tank was around 280G. BUT....but it has a full sized suspended mannequin to replicate the straight jacket routine Houdini is famous for. I'd estimate that mannequin displaced half the water volume. Plus the tank was tall. It may have had a 3 foot square footprint and appeared to be around 4 foot tall. Well, this tank was stocked with:

Many freshwater barracuda (didn't even know there was such a thing)
    Another schooling fish I was unaware of, but had very long needle-like teeth
    Probably a dozen Spotted Silver Dollars (poor things were trying to hide they were not comfortable)
    a HUGE Blue Eyed Pleco....the head looked like it was a good 8 inches across, but the fish appeared short making me think it was stunted)
    And best of all, a 3-4 foot freshwater Eel

Ugh, I am so mad I doubt I will ever watch this show again! They are going to be the reason for thousands of fish deaths. I can hear it now. "But I saw it on Tanked".
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Re: Tanked Show is really starting to make me mad!

I've never liked the show. It's always been more about the antics of the people on it. The fish aren't top priority.
    Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Yeah I kinda hate that show too, its cool that its on TV and all that but man they are stupid about stocking.

Actually my LFS has a magazine about corals for salt water people and it completely rips up that show and says how horrible they are.
      -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
      If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
      Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Yeah, I don't watch the show. I don't like the whole notion of buying a fish then rehoming it as it gets bigger (like the sharks they have stock in some of the tanks).

I always wonder what happens to the inhabitants of the tanks they create. They should do a follow up.

Comment

they did a semi follow up/additional build to one family, it was a QT setup for them as they kept losing fish in their SW setup....gee I wonder why....
          -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I have not watched it and do not plan on it.
            The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

yeah im basically done with it. I wish they did it right so that it would teach people better but i guess its just all about the $ to them. Shame to waste such tank building tallent on non careing people.
              -Jim-

Comment

I have also stopped watching the show. Its a neat show and a one of a kind with its upbeat jazz music but therea almost a dark side.

I like the tank for the newly wed couple. African Cichlids in a 90 gallon, and the wife said he had previous experience with fish sounds good.

But the tv tank was outrageous im surprised they got a shot where the sharks arent trying to kill each other.
                Secondly to me the show is more about popularity than making fish. There's an episode where there shop manager gets mad and goes into his trailer. So they go outside and start grilling a steak, as he walks out the one host says think fast and throws a beer at him, and he turns around and magically catches it. If that doesnt seem fake it seems like every episode there is a problem which could " ruin the entire job".

Lastly we all know about the tv tank but there's another tank where they put a black tipped shark in a 16 by 3 by 4 tank for a doctors office and they tell him " you gotta rehome him when he gets bigger" unless the shark gets physically stuck do you think the doctor would get rid of its centerpiece fish.

Lastly it seems that the one host is constantly sleeping or not doing work and if that's not dumb a mobile fish tank bus seems like letting off a bull in a china shop.

Now i hate to bash this show but its almost like if i kept posting problems on this forums. About clownfish that keep dying in a freshwater tank and i keep putting clownfish in. Some people might not like harsh criticism but when your dealing with living being that the only effective criticism
                The only stupid question is the question not asked. Don't judge a book by it's cover,book covers exist,. An eye for an eye makes the world go blind but only evil eyes are blind. St Louis Cardinals champions of the world 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011 World series losses 2004 1987 1985 1968 1943 1930

Comment

They are definitely only in it for the money. Absolutely no reguard for the inhabitants in their tanks.
                  - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                  Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                  Socrates

Comment

There goal is to make the people happy , not provide a suitable habitat. The only thing my fish could to do to make me happier if my fish would clean their tank and would poop in a little bucket in the corner.
                    The only stupid question is the question not asked. Don't judge a book by it's cover,book covers exist,. An eye for an eye makes the world go blind but only evil eyes are blind. St Louis Cardinals champions of the world 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011 World series losses 2004 1987 1985 1968 1943 1930

Comment

LOL I wish mine would use the little bucket.

I understand making a customer happy but they can't always have what they want
                      -Jim-

Comment

Working...
                      X