My baby kribs are dying... =*(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My baby kribs are dying... =*(

I don't know what's going on... its started with 2 died then 1 died THEN 4 died then another 1 died and it looks like 2 more aren't going to make it... from 27 all this time to a massive epidemic of death...

3 days ago I started crushing high protein flake and now this... I think this might be because of that so it boils down to my fault I am sure... I did a 99% WC removed all substrate and put a vase decor in... now
    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

I'm so sorry Anthony *hugs*
    Robin
    55g, 10g, 5g
    55g and another 10g being planned.

Comment

Sorry your fry aren't making it. Keep a close eye on the water parameters. Pristine is the key to raising fry.
      - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
      Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
      Socrates

Comment

Well The parameters were 0,0, and I could not register it as a 5ppm nitrate because it was such a light orange tinge that maybe 3 tops... still did a WC....

The Onex I thought were going o o did a 360 and seem to have made a recovery

~Anthony

Comment

Sorry . I'm sure the WC really helped. Keep us updated on how they are doing.
          -Jonathan

Comment

That sucks man. I'm still trying to get a tank ready for my fry too. Been keeping them in a little side hanging box and doing daily 50-75% water changes.
            8 GloFish
            6 Glowlight Tetra
            1 Dwarf Gourami
            4 Mystery Snail

Comment

Well the fry seem to be doing all okay today... that was really strange... all that death happened within an 90 minute time period and now everyone seems to be OK...

~Anthony

Comment

What a rollercoaster ride. I'm praying that's the last of the downs for you.
                Robin
                55g, 10g, 5g
                55g and another 10g being planned.

Comment

Glad it has straightened out with them. I've been trying to think what would cause something as strange as that, but I'm stumped. First I thought maybe gas pocket, but I would think that would get them at once, not over a period of time. Very strange. Hope that's the end of it.
                  __________________________________________________ __________
                  Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I want to say is maybe the high protein flake powdered up might have been too much for some of their digestive system... but then again it doesn't account for the 2 that made the recovery but maybe.... then again I also did a water change...

~Anthony

Comment

How old are they? There is commonly a die out period to weed out those with digestive issues.

I never fed my krib fry anything special. They ate what the adults ate, along with algae in the tank.
                      - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

April 14th they came out of their cave for the first time...

~Anthony

Comment

That's about right for the natural die off. Usually happens 1-2 weeks after they start eating.
                          - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

I'm sorry for your losses I unfortunately sometimes there is survival of the fittest which sucks
                            Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Wow, that's the weirdest thing ever... I was in a panic mode like I did something wrong... glad the 2 pulled through thenon their own.... they are as wide as my pointer finger now... it was sad to see that all happening... there dorsal fin as of this morning are becoming more aapparent because you can actually see them now though they are still clear...

~Anthony

Comment

Working...
                              X