WOW!! Got more than I paid for!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW!! Got more than I paid for!!!

Hello all!! Well today I went to my friends LPS to pick up some live plants he said he had extras of for me (score!!). So I brought them home and proceeded to put them in their big QT bucket. And noticed immediately little tiny yellow eggs ALL over the place!! So I called him back up and said um, Bryan...There are eggs EVERYWHERE on these plants. And asked him who was in the tank. Well he said they have been in with COMET GOLDFISH!! And said if any hatch he will gladly take them back for me. LOL...I would take a picture but they are just too small to come out with the camera that I have. And Im excited a tad bit, but doubt they will hatch considering their water has been feezing cold for well over an hour now. So even if they were fertilized they prob have died. But I am going to add them to my breeder net anyway and just see what happens. So wish me luck!!!

EDIT: So now that I have finally reached my 20 posts (eheem that better be the right number this time Rougie lol)...I can finally add a picture!!! My camera is great, but sometimes it just will not focus on close up objects most likely because I can not be perfectly still like it wants me to. But see if you can pic out the egg with the EYES inside of it!!!

Well nevermind, its still not letting me. So I guess Ill try photobucket... http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...isheggeyes.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...7/IMG_1054.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tunastrack; 05-01-2013, 07:47 PM. Reason: added a picture
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are foot prints on the moon!! (anon)

That is pretty cool.
    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

well goldfish are coldwater fish... would make since the eggs would be able to survive it as well...
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
      1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
      40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Gotta love surprises like that! I just recently bought a Dalmatian molly for my daughter and a week later 9 fry were swimming around in her tank!
        8 GloFish
        6 Glowlight Tetra
        1 Dwarf Gourami
        4 Mystery Snail

Comment

I hope they hatch for you. That is so cool.
          __________________________________________________ __________
          Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

That is a good point Sean. Wish I had thought of that before I transferred them over to my breeder net, The temp in there is around 78 lol...Oh well.
            Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are foot prints on the moon!! (anon)

Comment

Just keep an eye on them... Where's akari lol
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
              2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
              1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
              40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
              "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Higher temps will make them hatch faster. And probably yield more females.

Pretty cool though!

Comment

Very cool, Congrats... must get a camera
                  It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                  As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Boy, you weren't expecting that surprise were yah!? Nice to get a little extra. Hope they hatch.
                    Christine

Comment

So far I have counted about 200 eggs!!! So far half are still the yellow yolk color and some are starting to turn more of a white. I found even more at the bottom of the bowl after I took the plants out. But seriously have no hope for those because I had treatment in the water. I also noticed some odd tiny shrimp looking things scurring around in the water. So I am thinking some sort of bleach dip is going to be in order here before these things ever hit my tanks. NOT going through that headache again!!! lol...Ill try to post some pictures later. After I hit my posts quote. I have SO much to share and not enough posts to share it lol...

Comment

I see two that are still eggs but are jumping!!!!!!! WOW!!! I hope they make it. the darn breeder net that I have them in concerns me because the holes it has are too big and the fry too small. And my fish in this tank are SMART and have figured out that if they bump the bottom with their mouths they can get the food (or in this case eggs) to slip through the holes. SO I doubt I will have any make it

Comment

That is fantastic news about the viable eggs.
                          Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Dang...200! Maybe if you keep your fish nice and fat they'll leave the eggs alone!
                            8 GloFish
                            6 Glowlight Tetra
                            1 Dwarf Gourami
                            4 Mystery Snail

Comment

Yep over 200, I found more in the bottom of the plant bucket today!. However most have turned white. Im worried about these guys slipping through the darn holes now tho. Grrr So does anyone know what it means when the egg starts to jump?? Is that considered hatched?? lol...Sorry never had viable eggs before.

Comment

Working...
                              X