Check out my awesome new tank!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out my awesome new tank!

That's right! Not only do have my new 40 breeder, but I picked up an awesome tank at goodwill yesterday!

Stainless steel, baby! It's so awesome that my mom, Ms No More Fish Tanks, said to get it! I was like "It's only 4 bucks!" and she asked if I had that 4 bucks. Who doesn't have the 4 bucks for this thing!?

I'm super excited. No idea what I'm going to do with it. I want hermit crabs, but mom said, rather grumpily, "why don't you just put fish in it?". Truth is, I'm not sure if I trust it with water LOL There's also no lip around the inside of the rim for a hood.

Anyways, I'd love to here some ideas! This thing is super awesome! Even if I can't get mom to agree on anything, I'll store it with no issues and use it later :P

That was a great deal! If it was me and I was going to use it for fish, I would redo all the seals on it. And if I couldn't get the metal sides nice and shiny, I would probably paint them. Hermit crabs would be great. My kids had them and I always liked them. Or maybe chameleons or some other lizard that doesn't get real big.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

The seals all look good, but the bottom is just a sheet of metal. Not sure if it's supposed to be like that or not.

I used to have hermit crabs, way back when. It's been over 10 years, but I'm sure the basics haven't changed LOL I know a 10 gallon doesn't provide much room, but I could keep like 2 in there, I think.

Comment

Awesome find, those metaframes can be cleaned up to look really nice and seem to bring a premium (at least around here). Too bad it wasn't a slate bottom tank too. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Comment

Very nice. I'd go for some kind of crab personally. Not hermits to be exact lol. I was thinking Red Claws. Or perhaps frogs!
          -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by chevyguy8893 View Post
            Awesome find, those metaframes can be cleaned up to look really nice and seem to bring a premium (at least around here). Too bad it wasn't a slate bottom tank too. I can't wait to see what you do with it.
            Slate would be so cool!

Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
            Very nice. I'd go for some kind of crab personally. Not hermits to be exact lol. I was thinking Red Claws. Or perhaps frogs!
            Mom doesn't like frogs lol I do have a nice little Tom Mini filter, though. I could do something fun with land and water, and plants and stuff! And I could put the filter being some rocks or something and make a little water fall....

Good job, Rogue. You've unleashed the beast!

Comment

YAY! My plan worked lol. Yeah, something with land and water would be cool. You could make a riparium!
              -Jonathan

Comment

I'm still worried about the bottom of the tank though. It's just a sheet of metal. It wouldn't mess with the water quality or rust?

Comment

I doubt it would if it is stainless steal. You could always put a layer of silicone over it.
                  -Jonathan

Comment

Haha, i thought about the rusting part after I posted. I was like, "stainless doesn't rust, tard!" XD

Do you know anything about bumblebee toads? Those things are so dang cute! I think they maybe pricey though...

Comment

Even stainless can rust over time. However if it hasn't rusted by now I doubt it will. You'll just have to do a leak test!

I bet you could make a custom hood easily enough for it if you have some wood working tools. If not just find someone who does! What are the dimensions?

It would be cool if you could get it all shined up and then put some shiny fish in to match it. Maybe some hatchets or something.
                      8 GloFish
                      6 Glowlight Tetra
                      1 Dwarf Gourami
                      4 Mystery Snail

Comment

That tank brings back memories. I use to have one of those as a kid.
                        Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Does anyone have any riparium ideas?

Comment

I like this herbit crab habitat...

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/i...4e658d21/l.jpg

Bumblebee toad care -

http://www.hahareptiles.com/Merchant...Category_Code=

Tank -

http://www.vivariumforum.com/communi...ivarium-01.JPG

Comment

Thanks! Those toads are pricey. I think I'll pass lol Super cute, though! Maybe some day

How would I go about setting up a tank like that? Nothing that fancy, just land on one side and water on the other. What holds the shape of the land portion?

Comment

Working...
                              X