Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone regret buying a certain fish?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone regret buying a certain fish?

Just wondering if anyone had any regrets buying a certain fish for your tank?

My biggest fish purchase regret: Zebra Danios.

They were just nippy and aggressive with each other. I kept buying more hoping they would chill but nope...never again. Thankfully I found someone who wanted them.

Another were Black Neons. I didn't see them, they blend way to much that they were practically invisible.
    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Blackbar endlers... Aweful little things nipping at all my long fin fish..
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
      Blackbar endlers... Aweful little things nipping at all my long fin fish..
      I also forgot to mention- any livebearer fish. Pop explosion
      Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Platies! We bought them when we didn't know a lot a of fish because it was a variety we were familiar with. The males harass the females and are probably the culprits behind my BN pleco's fin problems. The red wags are too dark and blend in to the background and of course the constant threat of fry.

Comment

Hmmmm can't say I regret any fish I bought Snot was and is a monster but I love him and he will be tested in the big tank again Thursday if he misbehaves though he will be going to a new home...... unless our plans to move come through and I can upgrade him

I sometimes regret getting eques cories instead of adolphoi because they are so shy but when I do get to see them I do love watching them snuffle they're just so skitty

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367607034.858604.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	138373
          Lol you'd think they knew I was posting about them
          Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Guppies. Those boys were always fighting. Constantly. It made me anxious. I also regret my honey gourami who is a bully and my two peppered catfish who are gigantic and lazy.

Comment

Zebra danios. Imo they are psychotic. I still have one left and I think he will live forever just to annoy me. And the red serpae tetras. Very pretty but very nippy.
              __________________________________________________ __________
              Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Guppies, mollies, rainbow shark, blue emperor tetras..and while my zebra danios are actually really calm little buggars, they're just kinda meh in my opinion.
                ~Erin
                10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Pike livebearers. They kept eating each other until I finally sold the last of them off.
                  The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

Hmmm my green cories and the tetras, but my reason is stupid. They were both an impulse buy, the cories I was gonna get neons and the l lady said a 40 wasn't big enough for their activity level (I didn't believe her but since I'd done no research prior, I opted to be safe). Kinda wish I'd gotten orange von rio tetras instead of my gold pristella tetras since I want gold rams in the future.

*shrug* I still love my green cory wolf pack! they weren't my first option though, so it's no biggie.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Ohhhh, let's see...

I recently (a month or so ago) bought two long finned blue danios, thinking they would school with my zebras. Instead, they picked off all but to (I had like 8 or something) and then moved on to bullying my male Platy, who later died, ripping up my goldfishes fins (and teaching the platies to do the same!!), and then to terrorizing eachother when I moved them to a tank of fish bigger than they were. There's now one left, and he's working on my last female Endler (the second mysteriously disappeared durring the tank swap the other day....) and the male Platy in that tank, as well. I' surprised he's not picking on the betta....

And one of my recent goldfish purchases, a calico comet (it's supposed to be a Shubunkin, but someone missed that memo when breeding them). He is not the one I picked out. This is why you always stay at the tank and make sure you get the fish you want. I didn't even realize until I got home. Clearly put a little too much faith in Petco that day LOL But he is in the pond now, probably loving all that space. And when I finally get around to weeding out my goldfish collection (cause lets face it, I need too!) he'll go to my friends pond.

Comment

Oscars! They kept biting me cause they'd get too excited when I was feeding. Drew blood every time!
                        Also Platies! I bought some from Dillon *glares* and they multiplied like crazy.
                        -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
                          Oscars! They kept biting me cause they'd get too excited when I was feeding. Drew blood every time!
                          Glad I'm not the only one with that problem! Only, I was like 5 at the time. That fish knew that if he jumped at me, I'd have a heart attack and drop more food in in haste of NOT getting my hand ripped off!

Comment

Working...
                          X