If it's not one thing..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it's not one thing..

So I just lowered the temp yesterday on the 55g after the 2 week ich treatment. Everyone was fine, happy, eating this morning.

I check on them just now, and what do I see? Boo has somehow ripped his dorsal. There's a big split down it in between the rays towards the back half and somehow he has an oval hole in between two rays. I don't see anything fuzzy, so I'm not thinking fin rot and he didn't have this issue this morning. He's eating and acting fine so I'm wondering if he caught it on a rock or something.
    ~Erin
    10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

If you know for a fact he was find this morning; then yes, he had caught himself on something or gotten into a fight.
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Comment

I agree with Dena, at this point I would go with wc's and immune support like Vita-chem. Ime fins can heal very fast if no other factor like infection is involved, the last angel I had that ripped its dorsal healed it up 1" a day 2 days total.
      __________________________________________________ _____
      Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
      110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I agree if he was fine then this is the approriate line of action to follow
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Indeed, that is the plan. Now I'm going to go nutty trying to figure out what happened.

Actually, heck, I just looked at the pic I took of him not a few hours ago and even in that the fin looks fine, so yeah, definite immediate rippage.
          Last edited by Raerianna; 05-05-2013, 07:07 PM.
          ~Erin
          10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Herschel is always getting where he shouldn't ie trying to get into Severus' cave and rips his top fin he has done it twice now and both times his fin has healed overnight

I'm sure your little angel will be fine in no time angels can be too curious for their own good sometimes
            Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Calcium is a huge help when healing. What are your calcium levels? If you can get them up around 80-100 ppm it would go along way in helping the healing process.
              8 GloFish
              6 Glowlight Tetra
              1 Dwarf Gourami
              4 Mystery Snail

Comment

I just turned on the lights and already the hole that I saw is mostly gone, and the tear isn't as far down..and that's only been within 12 hours.
                ~Erin
                10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Yay for fast healing fins!!!
                  __________________________________________________ _____
                  Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                  110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Yay indeed! It's almost completely healed now o.O
                    ~Erin
                    10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

That's great to hear good news!
                      It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                      As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Working...
                      X