Wow...this forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow...this forum

I just realized we have a lot of diverse breeders on this forum from snails, shrimps and fish and a couple of growers of plants. It is pretty pretty cool. (Btw..I have my eye on your plants Chevy just in case you start selling)

Just sharing a random thought I just had.

I would be a breeder too, but I don't think anyone is willing to pay for pond snails. I thought of breeding Assassin snails in a 10 gallon tank..how difficult could that be?
    Last edited by NorthStar; 05-09-2013, 03:57 PM.
    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Pretty easy. I had a colony here for about 3 years that produced quite well in a 20.
    The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

In thought you had a huge collection of assassins already lol... but breeding wouldn't be to hard its having plenty of baby size snails to feed the young that's the problem.... or you could feed sinking shrimp pellets at night and remove every morning though they may do better or frozen foods like krill... I know my assassins went after it a few times...
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
      1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
      40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

There are alot of breeders and suppliers on this forum! I love being able to get most everything from members.

I thought you had both angels and cories spawning recently?? You can be a breeder too, just get a school of something expensive and justify it by telling your partner you will breed and sell them. Then you have to.
        __________________________________________________ _____
        Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
        110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Wow that plan seems incredibly familiar matt....and so far ive gotten 2 shrimp tanks going with it

I'm not sure if temp or ph are slowing my assassins down, they were taking constant personal breaks in the shrimp tank, but havent been at all since they were moved into their own. I hope you get better results than I have so far!
          36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

In my main tank, I wasn't trying to breed assassin snails they just happened to breed on their own. I don't know if I can myself a breeder of Assassins if nature did its job with zero involvement from me. I think I am going to grab a couple and chuck them in my bladder snail tank.

Oh...I do love the discounts that everyone around here gives
            Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

I am just now realizing the amount of breeders!! And in fact have a couple deals in the works to get my DD black Angel...FUNALLY...So exciting!!
              Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are foot prints on the moon!! (anon)

Comment

I needs assassins! Somehow upstate ny has NONE atm.
                ~Erin
                10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

this hobby is kinda funny like that, we get good at it and the fish are happy which then gets babies into the picture and then bam they grow up, or you make the plants happy and they start producing like crazy.
                  -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                  If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                  Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I also need assassins and can't find them around here anywhere. Go for it!
                    __________________________________________________ __________
                    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

It is really great that the diversity exists here. That way there is a lot of information based on experience that can be passed along, and the opportunity to support other hobbyists . Just an observation...it seems that those who are not out for a profit, and just do something for the enjoyment, can provide something much better than a business.

Knowing how much I enjoy growing plants (sometimes more than having fish lol), I like to spread plants around as I am able to for others to enjoy growing them .

Comment

I do enjoy the fact that my fellow members are fuel to my MTS

Eh, I don't purposefully breed things... I just get overrun with livebearers and algae

Comment

I was prepared of what my tank would look like with 1 clutch.... I'm freaking out because I have 3 clutches... I think I am going to set up a blank 30 and put them in it before I have a snailplosion...
                          It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                          As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Working...
                          X