Testing local stream?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing local stream?

I've always been curious how much nitrates are in local river and been wanting to test it for nitrates, Fe, gh, kh, and phosphates. Has anyone ever tested the body of water near you?

I keep forgetting to bring back a water sample when I'm at river, lake, or creek.
    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

I think I would be scared to know what I would find in any of my local bodies of water. I am already at the point that I will never swim in this area of Lake Michigan again lol. It would be interesting to see what others find though .

Comment

<------- biology major with minor in chemistry. Of course, I have tested all the local bodies of water as addition to my own well water.
      The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

Originally posted by Dino Claus View Post
        <------- biology major with minor in chemistry. Of course, I have tested all the local bodies of water as addition to my own well water.
        What were your results? Were the nitrates high?
        Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Yes, but I am in an agricultural area. My house sits on what was 50 years ago, a cotton field. So fertilizer run off is insane. Up in the national forest, however, the results were much reduced. My well water is lower in nitrogen compounds than the surface waters. Hope that helps.
          The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

They might be lower than you think, especially in moving water.

I live on what used to be a dairy farm and thankfully it isnt too bad for nitrate in the water.
            -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
            If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
            Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
            X