Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YAY for water change day!!! And some replanting!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAY for water change day!!! And some replanting!!

So I finally got around to planting my plants in the 60 yesterday and just getting everything sorted out and looking nice. I am pretty happy with the results so far. Altho for some reason I can not get my floating plants to grow for anything!!! Who ever said duckweed grows like crazy was lying!!! lol. Anyway, let me know what ya think. And please, last two pictures of plants, I picked up at walmart but they didnt have any name with them. So if you know what it is let me know . My dwarf sag (I think that is what it is lol) is really growing some nice new sprouts, so I took some of them and added them to my 20gal. Hoping they grow just as nicely.
    Attached Files
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are foot prints on the moon!! (anon)

Looking good! How do you like that flourite substrate? I have it it my 10 gallon divided tank.
    8 GloFish
    6 Glowlight Tetra
    1 Dwarf Gourami
    4 Mystery Snail

Comment

Its ok, but i am having one heck of a time keeping the plants in it.
      Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are foot prints on the moon!! (anon)

Comment

Very pretty tank Tina!!
        -Jonathan

Comment

Your tank looks really nice. I have no clue what the plants are. I don't what half the plants are in my tanks. As long as it's green and growing I don't care . And my duckweed doesn't grow worth beans either.
          __________________________________________________ __________
          Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Glad Im not the only one Lori lol. I seem to have a hard time growing "weeds" where I want them to grow. Is I collected a TON of dandilion seeds to plant around a stump from a bush we cut down. However it refuses to grow there, but has no problems growing all over the rest of our yard haha.

Thanks Jonathan!! This is the tank my DDs will be going into. What do ya think??

Comment

Your tank is pretty.
              Christine

Comment

Originally posted by tunastrack View Post
                Thanks Jonathan!! This is the tank my DDs will be going into. What do ya think??
                Looks good to me . You may not get as many Platy fry though.
                -Jonathan

Comment

I dont want any lol. And those are actually all virgins. Never been hit. No males just for that reason lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tunastrack View Post
                    Its ok, but i am having one heck of a time keeping the plants in it.

I have the same problem with it. It's slightly better than gravel but not as good as the sand for sure.
                    8 GloFish
                    6 Glowlight Tetra
                    1 Dwarf Gourami
                    4 Mystery Snail

Comment

Yeah, I got some organic potting soil to put under it/mix it. But I have no idea how to add it with the fish in the tank. Been meaning to make a post asking how to actually.

Comment

Hmm...I've done a gravel for sand swap with fish in...just removed all the plants into a bucket, took out the decorations, removed all the gravel, cleaned the yuck out, poured in the washed sand one cup at a time. It took a bit but it wasn't too bad. Maybe you could do something similar with soil but it's a finer particulate than sand is so I'm not sure how it would work out. I forgot to mention I turned off my filter before I added the sand. i'd definitely recommend doing that before you add the dirt. You'll probably want to add it and let it settle a bit before you put your Flourite back on top.
                        8 GloFish
                        6 Glowlight Tetra
                        1 Dwarf Gourami
                        4 Mystery Snail

Comment

Looking good tuna I'm about to start messing with my big tank it's a little overdue.

I don't know that the last plant is once its settled in and uncurled post another picture and I may be able to help the other one I think looks like water wisteria
                          Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Your tank looks great. I'm sure your little fishy friends are happy for their water change. I know mine are always swimming to the area where the new water is being put in.
                            Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Working...
                            X