So what did i do wrong

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong: So what did i do wrong

Could someone plz tell me what i did wrong.
    So heres the story my female gbr had fungal infection. I moved her to a 2.5 gallon tank with a seeded filter from my 20 gallon . So anyways i had someone tell me to get api pimafix and melafix. I put it in yesterday everything ok . I did it tonight within about 10 min she started swimming to the top like she was playing with the bubbles. So i though she was hungry as i didnt see her eat for 2 days put a little food in and that wasnt it. As soon as i saw her fall to her side i starting changing her water 1.5L at a time using prime. I did this about 6 times before she passed.:mad
    Anthony D

I'm so sorry Limplet. Did you add both medications at the same time?
    -Jonathan

Comment

yes about 30 sec after but nothing happen lastnight
      Anthony D

Comment

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about your girl.
        Robin
        55g, 10g, 5g
        55g and another 10g being planned.

Comment

I am sorry for your loss.
          Christine

Comment

me to i love my rams there my fav other then my blue and pink glo danio but there more sentimental
            Anthony D

Comment

Adding both meds could be the issue. I rarely ever mix medications.
              -Jonathan

Comment

Pimafix and Melafix are homeopathic medications that I believe do help with somethings...but in all honesty no matter what you do... your fishy might not make it... I'm gong through a long battle with hex... I get the feeling these meds aren't gong to cut it either...
                It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Thats what i was guessing but from the person that was helping me never said anything about using both at the same time just that i should dose her with both

@Anthony
                  This all happen in about 20-30min
                  Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 05-12-2013, 09:37 PM. Reason: Merged posts
                  Anthony D

Comment

Pimafix and Melafix are supposed to be used together.

i've never really liked them though. I've had Corys float at the surface before from using them. It affects some fish and not others.
                    Christine

Comment

So im guessing mixing the meds where the reason
                      Anthony D

Comment

MelaFix and PrimaFix can be used together when needed. Yes they are both homeopathic remedies and are usually a good starting point when certain diseases are caught early.

I am sorry you ended up losing this GBR. While you may never know what lead to the loss, here are a few of the more common issues:

* Accidental overdose
                        * Contaminated products. If suspected, it is best to toss what remains.
                        * Contaminate on hands/measuring spoons (soap, lotions, etc)
                        * Using cap to measure and rinsing it in tank water

Hopefully your remaining fish are all healthy and thriving.
                        - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                        Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                        Socrates

Comment

* Accidental overdose
                          * Contaminated products. If suspected, it is best to toss what remains.
                          * Contaminate on hands/measuring spoons (soap, lotions, etc)
                          * Using cap to measure and rinsing it in tank water

Hopefully your remaining fish are all healthy and thriving.

1 i was using 1ml
                          2 could be
                          3 use a needle
                          4 no cap was used

she was in a qt tank so all the other fish are safe
                          Anthony D

Comment

Sometimes we just dont know, we try and dont know. You gave it your best try at the time, it was the best you could have done. Dont beat yourself up too badly over it. I am sorry that you lost a fish but hopefully things turn out for the best in the end.
                            -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                            If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                            Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

So now i was looking at my fish when i got home and it looks like i didnt get my gbr out of the main tank in time. One of my red tetras look like she may have some fungus on her tail and now i want to treat my whole tank. but idk if i should still use the api pimafix due to what happen b4. Just wanted an idea of what some vets at this hobbie think is a good med to use for fungal

And thank you pirahnah3
                              Last edited by limpet102511; 05-15-2013, 01:02 AM.
                              Anthony D

Comment

Working...
                              X