Fish Room Help...:D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Room Help...:D

So I want to make a functional fish room in my office in the basement BUT I don't want to be lugging pails of water... my laundry room is right next to my office... Should I set up a sink? I need easy access to water & water removal...

Would love input and idea's

I am going to be using

2.5g
    3.5g
    5.5g
    20.g
    30.g
    55.g

The reason for such small tanks is easier care for fry and fry types, I might keep most of the tanks bare except for plastic plants and maybe a thin coat of gravel... smaller tanks I'll be using HOB's, UGF's & Canisters... 1-20g is still going to be a QT tank... well that's basically all I got so... any input from all of you would be grately appreciated.
    Last edited by AquaAnt; 05-13-2013, 05:42 AM.
    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Make sure you have plenty of electrical outlets, you always need more than you think you will.

You might want to look at one of the longer python units, rather than adding a sink.
    The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

My office is on the otherwise of my basement from the stairs and kitchen... I would need about 150 feet of tubing

~Anthony

Comment

I've seen ones at that length

Comment

I have one that is 100 feet here. Just throwing out options.

Comment

I know... I appreciate it... I guess a long hose would be the simplest way to go, I just thought suction would be an issue

~Anthony

Comment

That would depend on your water pressure.

Comment

I always thought my water pressure could be better and makes me skeptical if it could handle that distance

~Anthony

Comment

I have to go about 25 feet for my tanks. I drain them using a powerhead and fill them back up with that pocket hose you see advertised on TV. Works great for me.
                  __________________________________________________ __________
                  Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I have a bucket
                    Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Power head... I totally forgot about that!

~Anthony

Comment

If you want a sink in a room on the opposite wall of the laundry it really isn't a big deal in terms of plumbing typically. If you drew a picture of the layout I may be able to help more.
                        __________________________________________________ _____
                        Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                        110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B View Post
                          If you want a sink in a room on the opposite wall of the laundry it really isn't a big deal in terms of plumbing typically. If you drew a picture of the layout I may be able to help more.

I will do that... I can do plumbing only because I read about it BUT I am not sure how the gravity would work then ink would be lower than the inlet piping in my basement

~Anthony

Comment

If your laundry water has to be pumped up then the new sink would as well if it is on the same level as the fish space. If it is gravity, as long as its not very far away, you can tie it into the laundry waste and water. This would, of course, require some drywall removal.
                            __________________________________________________ _____
                            Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                            110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Even with my python, I still drain most of the tanks with livebearers into buckets, as to not lose any fry.

Comment

Working...
                              X