This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fish food and budget

What fish food do you use and how much per month does it cost?
    Right now I have Frozen brine shrimp, Frozen blood worms, Omega one, Hikari first bites, LFS BULK food, Top Fin algae thins, Tetra veggie Algae wafers,
    monthly cost is about 25$ some food last longer then others like the wafers will last a month in a half, the bulk food will probably last me over half a year,
    Matt

Re: fish food and budget

I buy almost none of my food from the LFS. I've got lots of food from kensfish.com. For all my dry foods, I can go at least 6 months before buying anything. For frozen, I've been making my own for a fraction of what I could buy it for at the LFS. There are some things that you can't get like bloodworms. I got beef heart and made my own frozen food. I also took catfish that was on sale, cut it up in to small portions and froze it. $3 worth of catfish from the grocery store will outlast any frozen foods from the LFS. My frogs and fish are very happy
    Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

I feed mostly Reparshy which I buy in large quantity online, and I also feed NLS bought from my LFS (to make sure I give them SOME dry goods business lol) Algae waffers come and go but are around less and less due to the reparshy now. I will also feed shrimp pellets from whatever source I used that month lol.

Frozen foods also come from the LFS and are usually brine shrimp.

NO idea on what the cost is as I really dont keep that much track of it.
      -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
      If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
      Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I did a large order of fish food a couple months ago:

Flakes from Angel Plus:
        Vitamin Flakes
        Immune Booster flakes
        Meat Eater w/Garlic flakes
        Angel Flakes
        All in One flakes

Amazon:
        Omega One
        Thera A+
        Carno pellets
        Algae Wafers

Misc Online Stores:
        Repashy (Community, Shrimp Souffle, Green)
        Brine Shrimp Eggs

LFS-Frozen Food
        Brine, Bloodworms, Mysis, and Beefhearts

As in terms how I pay a month, not sure. But doing bulk orders from a online retailer is usually cheaper down the road. I haven't ordered food yet and still have plenty.

Comment

I order most of my food online and am starting to make foods. I use a variety of Omega One products as staple foods. And, of course Repashy since I have become an approved dealer. The websites I order my foods from are AngelsPlus.com and http://www.arcatapet.com/. I can purchase food cheaper, even with the shipping, from these sites than I can locally!!

I supplement this with fresh fruits & vegys and live foods.
          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
          Socrates

Comment

I'm not sure how much I spend each month on fish food, but I do know it's a heck of a lot less than I spend on cat food.
            __________________________________________________ __________
            Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I just bought some dry food from Kensfish. Also bought some frozen food but after 3 tries at reshipping it I never got it.

I make most of my own food for my fishes.
              -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
              X