Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scored a couple tanks yesterday

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • scored a couple tanks yesterday

    So I went to the thrift store to check it out and saw this 5G sitting there with a AC20 filter gravel and a few other things I look at it has no price I look into my wallet 7 bux left so I take it up to the counter and say to the dude hey there's no price on this I got 7 bux left will you sell it to me, he hesitates for a few seconds then says sure, woot.
    Then about a half hour later I see a free fish tank on craigslist went and picked that up to its a 20G tall. They need to be cleaned up but yesterday was a good day.
    And then my buddy stopped by my house last night and let me know that he's gonna move to alaska
    And asked if I wanted his 150G & 55G, he told me that he sees that I take great care of my tanks and that its cool that I doo weekly maintence on all of them, And that he wanted to give me the tank instead of anyone else he knows.

    I got a lot of work ahead gotta help him break the tank down then set it up back here, I'll have loads of pics soon

    I'm running out of room for tanks, I'm gonna have to clean out my garage and make it into a fish room.

    :horray:
    Matt

  • #2
    Re: scored a couple tanks yesterday

    Wow, congrats on all the new tanks!
    -Jonathan

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: scored a couple tanks yesterday

      That is great! You will have an amazing time setting up your new tanks. Will your friend's tanks come with fish?
      - Dena

      All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
      Walt Disney

      The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
      Socrates

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: scored a couple tanks yesterday

        Originally posted by catsma_97504
        That is great! You will have an amazing time setting up your new tanks. Will your friend's tanks come with fish?
        Both tanks will have fish, a bunch of hudge plecos, tiger oscars, a hudge full grown angel fish, some other cichlids not sure what type, and the 55 will have a pleco rainbow shark kuhli loaches, and some other fish cant remember,I'm making room for the tank here at my house today then gonna move it tomorrow I'll get some pics has I do the move. And ill get an update on how many of what kind of fish. :fyellow:
        Matt

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: scored a couple tanks yesterday

          So I talked to him today, The tank and fish aren't per say mine to keep but ill home them for a year maybe longer till he has his own place, which is fine with me, on second note he has a 120G long that has one side panel of glass broke he is going to give me, but I don't mind fixing it im actually really interested into fixing it cause I also want to reseal my 55G convict tank,
          Matt

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: scored a couple tanks yesterday

            Congrats on all the new tanks. Good luck getting all the inhabitants sorted out.
            -Jim-

            Originally posted by Albert Einstein
            If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
            Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: scored a couple tanks yesterday

              Bout to move the 150G wish me luck ill get pics as I set it back up
              Matt

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: scored a couple tanks yesterday

                Hope the move goes without issues.
                - Dena

                All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                Walt Disney

                The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                Socrates

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: scored a couple tanks yesterday

                  Originally posted by M0T0
                  So I went to the thrift store to check it out and saw this 5G sitting there with a AC20 filter gravel and a few other things I look at it has no price I look into my wallet 7 bux left so I take it up to the counter and say to the dude hey there's no price on this I got 7 bux left will you sell it to me, he hesitates for a few seconds then says sure, woot.
                  Then about a half hour later I see a free fish tank on craigslist went and picked that up to its a 20G tall. They need to be cleaned up but yesterday was a good day.
                  And then my buddy stopped by my house last night and let me know that he's gonna move to alaska
                  And asked if I wanted his 150G & 55G, he told me that he sees that I take great care of my tanks and that its cool that I doo weekly maintence on all of them, And that he wanted to give me the tank instead of anyone else he knows.

                  I got a lot of work ahead gotta help him break the tank down then set it up back here, I'll have loads of pics soon

                  I'm running out of room for tanks, I'm gonna have to clean out my garage and make it into a fish room.

                  :horray:
                  Congrats on the new tanks.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: scored a couple tanks yesterday

                    Any updates on the tank moves?
                    -Jim-

                    Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X