This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeders

What are YOU breeding currently? I have a whole bunch of fish that are breeding. I just separated over 1,000 tilapia fry from their mother and was thinking about sharing when this marvelous thread topic idea sprung into my head.
    -Jonathan

Re: Breeders

I'm working on breeding my own color strain of Endler. Trying to free up some more tank space for them. Things are going well for me so far. I've also got Angels and inverts breeding.

If I remember correctly, you don't eat fish. Why are you raising tilapia?
    Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Guess!

- Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
      Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
      Socrates

Comment

Hmmm I know dena your breeding betas!

Currently the only things that I have breeding that I am aware of are:
        Pond snails (lol)
        Kribs
        More pond snails
        Algae

I'm hoping for some inverts to start soon thou they may have already I don't know lol.
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Well I bet you guys won't be able to guess the fish I've been breeding for about two months and haven't mentioned yet. The babies are ready for sale :mrgreen:

Originally posted by Cichlidnut
          I'm working on breeding my own color strain of Endler. Trying to free up some more tank space for them. Things are going well for me so far. I've also got Angels and inverts breeding.

If I remember correctly, you don't eat fish. Why are you raising tilapia?
          Very cool! What do you plan on calling it?

That's correct. I'm raising them for my Aquaponics. I suppose I should post about that too since I just had a 150ft greenhouse built... :shock:
          -Jonathan

Comment

Soon to be for sale fresh grown veggies lol.
            -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I grow almost all of my veggies.
              -Jonathan

Comment

At the moment, I'm not really breeding anything. I let the livebearers do as they please, especially the Endlers in the pond. I did just bring in 2 pairs though, as it's getting pretty cold out, and I don't want to risk losing all of them. When my wild caught Sailfin Mollies are old enough to sex, I'll catch a few more of them, and that'll be my breeding project Which means that brat of a Dalmation molly will have to move out, cause I don't want her spoiling my breeding lines! This isn't going to happen until next year though, as they are still young, and I just moved them out to the pond.

Comment

One day, I hope to have an aquaponics setup of my own. I look forward to seeing pictures
                  Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Right now I have Japanese blue sword tail guppies, red ramshorn snails, blue pearl shrimp, endler hybrids (for live food), and marmokrebs breeding.

My DD black angels are starting to show signs of pairing also.

Comment

well my blue rams just failed at there 4th try, but trying to breed them, also have endlers breeding, and regular guppies, and hopefully soon my convicts will pair up and start to breed,
                      Matt

Comment

For me this is a two part question.

What I am trying to breed: EBRs, Angels, Dwarf Shrimps and Dwarf Corydoras

What are breeding successfully: Dwarf Shrimps and Endlers

Comment

I have to kinda chuckle at the theory of dwarf shrimp it seems counter intuitive
                          -Jim-

Comment

Working...
                          X