This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coral Gardnening

As many of you know the world's coral reefs are slowly disappearing and a lot of western 'conservationists' believe that nothing is being done about it. Well... I got news for them lol. I regularly donate to a group that does coral gardening to grow coral frags and then replace them back onto the dead reefs. It's a private project and I'm not allowed to take pictures or videos of it. BUT instead I decided to look it up on youtube and guess what! I found a video of a similar project. Here ya go:

[youtube:6k3gaqf6]IjGUoR-CLK0[/youtube:6k3gaqf6]
    -Jonathan

Re: Coral Gardnening

That's so neat! Alot of Reef death has to with coral bleaching, doesn't it? Rising temps and pollutants an such...?

Comment

alot of it is just changing nature that the human species in general has caused. polutants aside there is alot going on in nature that we just dont bother to notice or watch and are now finally doing things about that were started over 200 years ago.

Jon, great to see this project and im glad your a part of one.
      -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
      If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
      Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I recently watched a documentary about an organization that does this, the images of the regeneration of the reefs over time is truly inspiring and fills me with hope that we can change alot of the damage we've done.

Good for you for being proactive!!!!!!
        __________________________________________________ _____
        Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
        110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Thanks Jim and Matt . I enjoy seeing pictures and such. I wish I could grow stupid corals lol.

Akari, Bleaching is a major concern. But ocean acidification is what a lot of environmentalists are going on about right now.
          -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
          X