This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Cleaning

I'm just getting back from being out of town for a week. I had my Dad taking care of the fish. Man, I don't think he ever turned the lights off. I've been getting a great workout scrubbing algae. One tank has a nasty hair/slime algae outbreak. I had my tanks going so well before I left, I've got all this catch up to do now.

Cleaning all my tanks right now, cruising the forums while my big tanks drain and fill so I can keep my enthusiasm up
    Information about Duplicate Posts

Re: Tank Cleaning

Sorry to hear that your tank are dealing with an algae breakout. Once you clean them up, run the lights only 4 hours if it holds live plants; or simply leave the lights off for a few days. That should get things back under control.

Hope your vacation was enjoyable.
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Comment

It wasn't a vacation so really not that enjoyable.

Yeah, I've got one tank that I'll be leaving the lights off for a while. At least my tanks with the massive amounts of Najas are all fine. I think those tanks are darn near bullet proof
      I lost a couple Endlers, most of them are fine though. My breeding project is going great, I have an Endler that looks almost exactly how I want.

I've got a couple hundred more gallons of water to change then I can stop for the night!
      Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

lol arent water changes just soo much fun haha. Hopefully it doesnt take too much to get all the tanks back inline.
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I feel for you....one word....timers.

Great news about your "Passion Endler" project going well.

Comment

Yeah light timers are great, I have almost all my tanks on them currently.
            -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
            If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
            Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
            X