This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Change

What is the longest have anyone gone with doing a water change here? For me, 2 1/2 weeks.

Re: Water Change

2 weeks for me.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Sadly, my 125 has gone 3 weeks. It then got a 90% change!
      - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
      Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
      Socrates

Comment

My 75 had gone for almost 2 months with only top offs, and with all the plants it had at the time STILL only had a 15 Nitrate when I did the change. The only reason I even did a water change was that tank usually ran about 5 for nitrates on a bad day. Then again when I top that tank off it was taking about 7 gallons a week.
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

My ponds got waterchanges every 8 or 9 months. Very very heavily stocked ponds. Nitrates always below 5 without any trace of ammonia or nitrite :mrgreen:
          -Jonathan

Comment

I didn't think we were counting ponds! I recently did a forced water change on mine (raccoons drained it) but before that it had been a solid year. I've always thought it was weird it never has nitrates, its 300g but at its most populous it had in excess of 13 adult comets and commons.
            __________________________________________________ _____
            Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
            110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I dunno! I figured we were. Your pond isn't stocked heavily! Mine were ridiculously stocked compared to yours LOL.

Longest I went without waterchanges on my tanks was..... around 13 months. I was in the hospital for just over a year.
              -Jonathan

Comment

sucks you were in the hospital that long, how did the fish fare durring your stay?
                -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

They were fine. Plants took over the tank and nitrates were around...60? I can't remember. It was a long time ago. I had many many adult fish in my tank that I didn't remember lol.
                  -Jonathan

Comment

lol its amazing how well these systems work without alot of our help isnt it...
                    -Jim-

Comment

Yeah. They were all in 300g+ tanks with some extreme filtration. I was just surprised at how many of the fish reproduced.
                      -Jonathan

Comment

The longest I waited was just under 5 weeks so just over a month, it was my 55G convict tank, Nitrates were 60, but they are such hardy fish and doesnt seem to phase them the least bit and are still growing like weeds, I was topping it off about 2 gallons a week, normal water change for that tank is ever 3 weeks, nitrates are around 40.
                        Matt

Comment

Working...
                        X