This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giggity!

Sorry im happy and I had to share, not quite as good as AP's news but im happy lol.

I decided to stop by the local petsmart and see what was on sale, (kinda hoping for a guppy for a buck sale but no luck on that one, I have a lonely lady guppy but thats a diff story). I decided while I was there to of course check out what the fish isles held for clearance or anything else I thought of. I was about to walk out when I happened to notice two boxes sitting alone on an endcap at the end of the reptiles section. I almost missed them but turned cause I thought I saw a brand that I knew. So off I went, figuring it would end up being a wild goose chase, and goose didnt need to be had until christmas time. ANYWAY, I walked over there and noticed there were a pair of clearance tags hanging below the tags for these boxes so it was definitely worth a look. Much to my enjoyment I found fishtanks on clearance!!!! But my joy quickly passed when I thought fondly of the $1 gallon sale that im sure petco will throw again for much larger tanks than these boxes. I was starting to head out when that little voice said "You know you want them." Dangit, my MTS was kicking in.... No we can suppress this, we can leave and we will forget all about them. HA yeah right, "There on clearance....You dont have ANY tanks like these....You know you want them" The next thing I knew I had a shopping cart in hand and was walking back to the shelf. Wait a minute who is controlling who here!!! No I do not need new tanks! I kept telling my MTS, but much like my cats used to be it just kinda looked up and laughed at me. So there I stand having an argument with myself (gosh I hope no one else could hear it or they might have called the authorities and said some lunatic is talking to himself and the fishtanks) Anyways, so there I am loading two fish tanks into the cart, now thinking ok ill get them but DANG the wife is gonna be mad when she sees this lol, Oh, wait, she isnt here I can get them into the atic before she comes up this weekend sweeeeeet. Isnt this sad im starting a new marriage by hiding fish tanks in the attic? So I walk up to the counter and pay for my purchases, the woman rings the two items in and stops, looks back at the cart, looks at her screen and says, "Wow they really put those on sale didnt they, I remember when they were over twice that each." I happily paid for my tanks and left the store.

So now that I have tangented on making you endure my mental agony today I will share the joyous shopping trip. I saw on that end cap a nice brand new BioOrb 8 gal tank, complete in box! AND a 9 Gal BiUbe, clearance priced at $30 EACH!
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Re: Giggity!

Those tanks are neat! I would never buy one new at the price they have them at. 30 bucks is good though! No issues there

What are your plans for them? Shrimp?

Comment

No idea just yet, Nano SW comes to mind, Beta, Shrimp, Nano fish, Brackish nerite spawning tank. All kinds of thoughts lol
      -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I'M TELLING!!!

Nano SW would be awesome...
        -Jonathan

Comment

Nice find! The attic huh? I may have to start using that, my wife is scared to go up there........
          __________________________________________________ _____
          Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
          110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Oh now see I would be taking full advantage of that. I also use the barn for some if they are larger because she doesnt go in there either.

@Rouge I was thinking about that 9gal for that actually, but dont know yet,
            -Jim-

Comment

So bad!!!
              lol, couple weeks back I scored a 20G tall for free, from ad on CL, I get home and the wife says ANOTHER one, I said dont worry I wont set it up,
              bout a week later set it up ! running out of room now, but my garage is open, only bad thing is its getting super cold here so I have delayed the garage idea.
              Matt

Comment

lol yeah I have all these tanks but no room for them. No worries after the upstairs construction is finished then the work starts on the fish room hehehehe
                -Jim-

Comment

Originally posted by pirahnah3
                  @Rouge I was thinking about that 9gal for that actually, but dont know yet,
                  You would need to make a DIY light for it. LEDs would go great.
                  -Jonathan

Comment

yeah gotta look into it more and actually unpack it fully but just dont have the time to deal with it.
                    -Jim-

Comment

Cause the wife got home....
                      -Jonathan

Comment

Great Deal! I never hide my fish tanks from my husband. I don't have any extras that he doesn't know about - just don't look in the closet in the spare bedroom, or out in my gardening shed, or in my sisters garage.
                        __________________________________________________ __________
                        Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

That is so funny!

2 tanks is plenty for me.
                          Christine

Comment

Oh im gonna go look now lol.
                            -Jim-

Comment

That is great deal. I would of got them myself and hid them in the closet or in my trunk until Christmas time then wrapped them and said I got them from a coworker ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X