This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Christmas present.

Mom got my Christmas present yesterday. She claims it's nothing special, and yet she has to hide it at her shop. She asked me when I was leaving for work yesterday, and I asked why, and she said "because I have to pick up.... Some saw blades..."

In her defense, she did get the saw blades LOL

BUT, as some (or maybe most) of you know, she asked me if she got me a bigger tank of all the fish could go in it. Which they could, except for 3 of them (bettas), who could go in the 10 gallon. Later that day, or maybe the next day, I told her I've been wanting a 75 gallon, because she was talking about a 40 breeder, which while it would work for a while, wouldn't last very long.

Then this morning, she was talking to her friend, and had to put her on speaker phone, and said to her "don't say anything anyone else in the house shouldn't hear." Uuuuuh, it's only me and the dog and mom here, and we don't keep much from eachother. So then after she went back off speaker phone, she started talkin' about something on Craigslist that was posted for $125, and how she offered the guy 100. Certainly not those saw blades she was talking about LOL

Sooooo, you guys thinkin' what I'm thinkin'? And what are you guys expecting for the holidays?

Re: My Christmas present.

The anticipation is the best part! I'm thinking a 75g given the price and what I see on craigslist but who knows, maybe she got a screaming deal on something bigger.

I'm hoping for a 50 or 60g column tank so I can keep more of my angels, or a 100g so I can kep them all.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Oh, also forgot to say that the back seat of her truck was cleared off. It's never clean back there! You could get last and die back there LOL The bed of her truck looked pretty clean too... <.< I'm thinking 55-75 gallons...

I like those column tanks. The 15 gallon one is a nice size. Seems tricky to stock at that small size though lol A 30+ would definitely be a lot easier.

Comment

lol either that or she has done all this to mess with you....
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Originally posted by pirahnah3
          lol either that or she has done all this to mess with you....
          True story! She'd totally do that to me... LOL

Comment

HEhe cool stuff hope u get some thing sweet.!!!
            I saw a 95 Hex column tank looks so sweet, plexi glass too they wanted 500$ too bad,
            not sure how Christmas will be this year probably just spoil the kids as usual
            Matt

Comment

@ Akari, I would so laugh if she gave you a 5gal tank lol

@ Moto, yeah I always loved being the spoiled kid at Christmas lol
              -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Hope it's everything you wanted and more. Just try not to get too psyched up. I remember when I was a kid I snooped in my parents closet and found a present for me and it said "transistor" on it so I thought I was getting a transistor radio for christmas (trust me, that was a BIG thing 47 years ago). I was so disappointed when I opened my present and found a transistor alarm clock. Thing is, I would have been thrilled to get that if I hadn't snooped and thought it was something else.

Not to be a killjoy, but just saying.
                __________________________________________________ __________
                Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Originally posted by pirahnah3
                  @ Akari, I would so laugh if she gave you a 5gal tank lol

@ Moto, yeah I always loved being the spoiled kid at Christmas lol

She would do that, just to screw with me lol

Comment

Originally posted by oscarsbud
                    Hope it's everything you wanted and more. Just try not to get too psyched up. I remember when I was a kid I snooped in my parents closet and found a present for me and it said "transistor" on it so I thought I was getting a transistor radio for christmas (trust me, that was a BIG thing 47 years ago). I was so disappointed when I opened my present and found a transistor alarm clock. Thing is, I would have been thrilled to get that if I hadn't snooped and thought it was something else.

Not to be a killjoy, but just saying.
                    Lol I know! I can't immagine her getting me anything else that expensive thought. Except maybe a larger pond, but I dunno lo

Hehehehehe, radio

Comment

I'm asking Dad for the Batman trilogy (Christian Bale), Mom for a new phone, and my aunt for fish "stuff" or money. I do believe I've got it made this Christmas I realized long ago that if you kept your list to a minimum, you are more likely to get what you want :noangel:

Comment

You people are terrible!! I never really asked my parents for anything for christmas... except these past few years! I send the most ridiculous lists I can think of.

My younger brothers were SUPPOSED to send me a list by now so I could get their presents but they haven't! Little turds. So I bought them Macbook Airs. Do you think I did well ?
                        -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by RogueAgent94
                          You people are terrible!! I never really asked my parents for anything for christmas... except these past few years! I send the most ridiculous lists I can think of.

My younger brothers were SUPPOSED to send me a list by now so I could get their presents but they haven't! Little turds. So I bought them Macbook Airs. Do you think I did well ?
                          WHAT? No private jet for everyone
                          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                          Socrates

Comment

I still got 20 days to get it! lol
                            -Jonathan

Comment

so addopted brother....
                              -Jim-

Comment

Working...
                              X