This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture of Hydra

I went over to my sister's place yesterday for a holiday party and got to see her tank. I found Hydras, Planaria, Copepods, String Algae and one of her Platies has dropsy. I'm going to help fix her tank on Monday since today we have a family outing to watch the Chargers game in San Diego (none of us are Chargers fan). Just an annual thing that my cousins and I do is to watch a sporting event together.

I took a picture of the Hydra is you guys wanted to create a profile of parasites....lol.

[attachment=0:36gsa9xm]IMG_20121216_062740.jpg[/attachment:36gsa9xm]

Re: Picture of Hydra

Great picture!! Nasty darn stuff though.
    -Jonathan

Comment

Picture was taken by my phone.

Her tank was caked with them. Thankfully I have another packet of Fenbendazole.

Comment

Actually I had them in my 10 at one point, I used pond snails to get rid of them, they are one of the few things that actually eats them.
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I actually thought about that but I don't think she wants me putting more pond snails into her tank because I pointed out she has one ramshorn snail and she freaked out about it.

Comment

Great picture! Thanks for keeping us in mind Now all we need is for someone to do the writeup.
            - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
            Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
            Socrates

Comment

so trade her the pond snail for the ramshorn and explain that snails perform a great function in the tank and as long as feeding is kept under control (which clearly it hasnt been) they wont be an issue.
              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
              X