This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Tank Scary

Some of you might scream, look the other, have nightmares....

[attachment=0:ddyr7x66]IMG_20121221_180655.jpg[/attachment:ddyr7x66]

My neighbors asked me to watch their tank while they are away for two weeks. Btw I didn't even know that they had a fish tank until she asked me. She always come over with her daughter to watch my tanks. Well, I decided to test their water and these are the results I got.

I immediately scoop up their fish into a bag and added two drops of prime and currently being acclimated in my QT tank. I hope they survive the ordeal since we leave tomorrow for our trip for four days.

Re: Fish Tank Scary

Somebody needs a water change... Clean their filter media while you're at it
    Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Yikes, it doesn't seem like they watch their tank when they are around .

Comment

Originally posted by Cichlidnut
        Somebody needs a water change... Clean their filter media while you're at it
        I've never seen those levels before for Nitrites in my life....

I am going to cycle it for them while they are away, but keeping the fish in my QT tank since it is cycled. I don't even want to tell how big the tank was or what was in the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by chevyguy8893
          Yikes, it doesn't seem like they watch their tank when they are around .
          She said that she just got the tank last month...I'm assuming no water change. We are talking via text, they are currently away in the East Coast. I just showed my other neighbor the test results since he has four tanks himself.

Comment

Classic newbie mistake. Buy a new tank, toss in some fish, and it's deal or die for the poor fish! I'm surprised they're alive!

Toss some of your used media into their filter. It will quickly cycle!
            - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
            Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
            Socrates

Comment

Wow. But changing them to your clean tank could kill the fish. Once fish live in bad conditions, even for a little while, they become 'used' to the dirty water and a quick change can kill them. I hope they are alright though.
              -Jonathan

Comment

That is why they are being acclimated really slow

Comment

How slow is slow?

Not trying to be mean or anything . Just informing.
                  -Jonathan

Comment

I finally released them into the tank at 150am...so about 7 hour acclimating process.

Comment

Great!! How are they doing? What kind of fish did you get?
                      -Jonathan

Comment

It was a betta and a cory. The betta is alive, but can see the cory because the lights are still off.

Comment

Good luck with the cycle for them. Glad you are taking the time to help them fish out and give them a nice tank to come home to.

Also and this is just a what I would have done from 30k feet on the matter.

I would have taken one of my spare filters over with seeded media and put it on the tank to help with the issue, also would have brought over a bunch of wisteria as it loves those nutirents and would help clear thigns up Would have also given a nice growth spurt to what I brought and would have brought home twice as much haha.
                          -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                          If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                          Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Nice job testing their tank for them AP, I bet when they asked you to watch it you didn't think they meant cycle it for them.

I hope the little cory is okay, thats some pretty bad water. Glad to hear the betta is alive.
                            __________________________________________________ _____
                            Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                            110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Working...
                            X