This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips from the guys on Tanked

Thought you guys could use some professional tips on fish keeping. [youtube:2v6059e1]0b48YsjTVVA[/youtube:2v6059e1]
    Information about Duplicate Posts

Re: Tips from the guys on Tanked

-sigh- And they're on TV.
    -Jonathan

Comment

The puns made me sick before the they guys even started talking. lol

Comment

Lol.

Comment

:roll:
          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
          Socrates

Comment

Wow. We could REALLY learn from these guys....

Comment

Wow different water parameters from the store to your house and all you have to do is float the bag to solve that? really? wow I never knew I didnt have to drip acclimate and take all that time doing that.
              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I feel like I can take on a full blown reef tank based on that :roll:. I need to get some of those magic, one way water permeable only, bags so I dont have to drip acclimate anymore lol.

Comment

Originally posted by chevyguy8893
                  I feel like I can take on a full blown reef tank based on that :roll:. I need to get some of those magic, one way water permeable only, bags so I dont have to drip acclimate anymore lol.
                  Those would be awesome if they existed!

Comment

I love how they said you to acclimate them to the water conditions of the tank. So float the bag! hahahaha

I didn't make this thread for trolling though. It just proves that we have a lot of fish keepers to help.

Comment

very funny video. the one guy seems to know some stuff but that other guy on the right lol
                      Matt

Comment

To be serious then, they have built some nice tanks and that skill alone is one I will never have. Sometimes their stocking leaves room for questioning though, but there is probably a lot more that isn't seen for entertainment purposes. Maybe videos like this make people look into the details more than just going out, buying the fish and tank at the same time, and just throwing the fish in with water.

Comment

I've only watched their show once. And in it they build a barrel shaped tank and stocked it with all male peacock cichlids. First off, the tank was too small for the type of fish they put in it. Secondly, the tank wasn't the right shape because rift lake cichlids need long tanks. Thirdly, stocking only male cichlids is STUPID. Oh I could go on and on. But I stopped watching after that! Better to miss out on the cool fish than to get upset while wasting your time. Course I'm not much of a TV watcher.

Okay I'm done lol. My little rant has come to an end... hopefully.
                          -Jonathan

Comment

That was a GREAT tip to acclimate fish to your aquarium. These guys for real!

All they really are about is the tank design and theme of every tank they build. It's not about the fish.

I watched an ep they built a tank out of a refrigerator stocked with African Cichlids. The decor was things you put in your fridge, milk, mustard, ketchup etc..all built aquarium safe. But what ticked me off about that setup is that the cichlids had no caves etc. just these stupid fake condiments with sand on the bottom. How on earth could you care for that! You could even get a glass of water from it as they left the filtered water dispenser operational.

I watched just a few eps and said the heck with it! Morons!

I'm done ranting. Lol
                            Christine

Comment

I did the very same thing. Watched a few episodes and decided that aggravation was not worth watching such clueless idiots. The last ep I ever watched was where they built a tank for a 10 year old, who had been saving his money for 5 or 6 years to pay for the tank. For his life long savings they gutted an old CRT television, which was a cool idea; but......

They filled it with a bunch of ugly plastic junk. Ok, the kid was happy. But, then they stocked this tank with 3 RTS and a variety of tetras. Building a proper school was over rated for them. They estimated this tank held about 8 gallons.

Just made my blood boil that this kid saved for more than half his life to purchase a tank and ended up with this mess for stocking.

I do agree that they are amazing tank builders. But, they don't seem to care to learn proper stocking and fish care.
                              - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                              Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                              Socrates

Comment

Working...
                              X