This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New addition :3

I've seen this guy several times at Walmart, and absolutely loved him at first sight. The first time I saw him, I left him there. The second time I saw him, several weeks later, I left him there. The third time I saw him, a few days after the second, he looked horrible, inactive, sitting in the corner. I couldn't just leave him to die in a Walmart fish tank, where the tanks are locked up tight, so that only those who know where the keys are (which really seemed like no body in the whole flippin') could remove any dead fish and feed the live ones. And just say, the population of dead fish out weighed the live ones... And it's not like I actually paid for him. I had a gift card, so it wasn't technically my money

So, I'm now the proud owner of a massive 7 inch (including the tail) male fantail goldfish. He looks to be a year or so old, as he's already sporting breeding stars on his gills. He's such a looker, I love him! He ate right out bag, too. Not supposed to feed them right away, I know, but this fish didn't appear to even have remembered it's last meal, and when viewed from above, was actually indented on the sides. Anyways, he loves his NLS Large Fish Pellets, and I've been feeding him several times a day to fatten him up. He can only eat a few pellets at a time. He doesn't know to eat like a goldfish yet, but we'll fix that soon enough XD

Right now, he's in QT with some new plants I bought (from Walmart and Pet Supermarket, both because I have gift cards for), and he's being treated with Kordon Rid-Ich Plus. He already looked much better as soon as a decent amount of my water hit the bag he was in, and over night he was acting like a completely new fish. Just needed some clean water, is all

Now, because i know you've all been waiting:

Not the best picture, because he's very feisty. I had to nab this one while he was munching on a pellet LOL You can see how skinny he is. No gut definition or anything. We'll get that straightened out in no time

Re: New addition :3

Oh my AKari! He definitely has potential! Poor guy, right behind his gill plate is all sunken in. I know you'll get it all filled in my nls in no time! I really love his coloration, once he's rehabbed he'll make a great addition to your goldie collection.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Thanks Matt! His other side is mostly white, with black speckles :3

He eats, and then floats around. I might have to change his food. We'll see how he does once he gets used to it. He doesn't look uncomfortable, though. He just chills out, like he's digesting or something.

That pic is a couple days old already. This morning he's got some definition and a little tummy forming :3 He's pretty long bodied, as far as fancies go, but he's got room to fatten up for sure still.

I can't wait to introduce him to Luna! She'll have no idea what to do with a male her size XD

Comment

Thats interesing, just black and white on one side and kaliedescope on the other!

Poor guy, I'm sure clean water and good food will help him greatly, who knows what he was swimming in at the store. He's probably in shock that he's being fed regularly! Does he want any vegetables at all? Maybe that would help get his system going again.

That'll be great! I especially love pictures/video of fish meeting eachother so try and get some please!

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Got some new pics just now! You can see how manly he is with his breeding stars LOL And you can see how he's gotten a little fatter since the last pic. Got a pic from above to show how thin he is.

I haven't tried veggies. I will tomorrow or tonight. Or maybe a block of my homemade food. I've been saving a weeks worth in the freezer for a while since I switched back to NLS for the time being.

When I get the new tank for sure! He'll be QT'd for a while. He's in the 6 gallon for now, but I want to move him to the 10 gallon if I can when the 55 goes up.

Comment

Thats great improvement for a few days!!! Looks loads better, the indentation behind his gill plate (with a ton of stars!) looks gone. Now just to make it go outward. His other side is pretty colorful too, I can't wait to see him fully recovered.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Every time I look at him, he's got more stars XD They have started creeping down his pectoral fins too lol His other side is more blue than it is white, the more he settles in. I love it! He's such a cutie :3

He should be looking better in no time, at this rate. I've only had him a couple days and he's improved this much already.

Comment

Your description makes me imagine him as such a proud guy, stuck in a lackluster, foul tank. Then you come along, allow him to swim and eat in clean water and now he's feeling proud and handsome again, showing all his stars for the ladies!

I'm gonna wager as he feels better the blue developes! It'll be fun to follow this guy! It makes me want spring to get here so I can get a new goldie too.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Very pretty addition Akari! Quite a looker you got there.
                  -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B
                    Your description makes me imagine him as such a proud guy, stuck in a lackluster, foul tank. Then you come along, allow him to swim and eat in clean water and now he's feeling proud and handsome again, showing all his stars for the ladies!

I'm gonna wager as he feels better the blue developes! It'll be fun to follow this guy! It makes me want spring to get here so I can get a new goldie too.
                    Hehehe, pretty much!

He's still kind of grey-ish yet, but it won't be long till his colors fully show themselves.

If you have a spare 10 or so gallon, you could get one now and QT it till then

Originally posted by RogueAgent94
                    Very pretty addition Akari! Quite a looker you got there.
                    Thanks Rogue! I Think I'm going to make him a ladies only tank. Swimmy McNibblekins (Ryukin) and Luna (Moor) I know are females, Magneto (Oranda) I'm on the fence about. He's so malformed that venting isn't as easy as it should be, and he's super fat. So, his vent looks male, and his blubber looks female. In the spring I'll know better, hopefully. Brain (Oranda) is male, so I guess he'll stay outside with Magneto lol

Comment

Your fish naming scheme is pretty awesome.
                      Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Originally posted by Cichlidnut
                        Well, they live for a decade plus. You might as well give them a good name XD

I'm wanting to name the new guy either Bruce (Bruce Wayne) or Stark (Iron Man) or maybe Captain (Capt. America). I think I like Bruce best lol

Comment

Originally posted by Akari_32
                          Originally posted by Cichlidnut
                          Well, they live for a decade plus. You might as well give them a good name XD

I'm wanting to name the new guy either Bruce (Bruce Wayne) or Stark (Iron Man) or maybe Captain (Capt. America). I think I like Bruce best lol
                          When I hear Bruce, I think of the big shark on finding nemo

Comment

Captain America's name is Steve Rogers.
                            Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Yes, but Steve is a very anti-climactic name for a goldfish.

(Also, I haven't gotten to see any of the new Avengers movies, other than the first Iron Man and Avengers, so I didn't know that XD)

Comment

Working...
                              X