X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad day

My male gbr is sick this morning when I woke up,
    My male bn pleco passed last night found him this morning.
    And one of my male bettas is not eating.
    Very bad day very sad,
    Did pwc on all these tanks and treated with melafix and pimafix ,
    Now to wait continue daily water changes and hope for the best,
    Matt

Re: Bad day

I'm sorry. I had a bad day yesterday. Lost a couple of fish and had tanks crashing left and right. No idea why.
    -Jonathan

Comment

I'm sorry to the both of you.

Comment

Sorry you both are not having a good week. Hope things get back on track and tour tanks stabilize/settle down again.
        - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
        Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
        Socrates

Comment

Hang in there guys! The worm will turn, it always does.
          __________________________________________________ _____
          Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
          110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Sorry about your losses Rogue, I'm wondering if it could have something to do with my tap water,
            Seems to happen a two/three days after water change, maybe different water sources?
            Just not sure guess should test the tap more often.

And Thanks everyone for the encouragement deffinetly needed, for all the work we do to see our fish thrive and flourish, and see them pass away, it takes a toll after a while,
            Well on a good note I think I saw a few wrigglers today momma is doing a good job keeping them hidden, just hope to see some free swimmers in the next couple days,
            Matt

Comment

Do your tests and see whats in the water, gotta start there. Once you have some more information you will be able to make informed decisions and move forward.
              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Originally posted by pirahnah3
                Do your tests and see whats in the water, gotta start there. Once you have some more information you will be able to make informed decisions and move forward.
                Agreed! My municipal water source changes in early March and again in late September. These water sources are very different in pH, KH and phosphates; plus one source contains iron and the other doesn't.

If your fish have issues shortly after a water change, I would also test the untreated source water for nitrogen (ammonia, nitrite and nitrate). Run every test you own on the untreated water. The greater the differences the more cautious you will need to be. And, more likely you will need to do smaller water changes more often to change out enough water each week.
                - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                Socrates

Comment

Sorry for the losses man.

This is why I love having a well! I mean I hate the nasty rust stains from my water in my laundry and everywhere else but at least I know it's going to be consistent!
                  8 GloFish
                  6 Glowlight Tetra
                  1 Dwarf Gourami
                  4 Mystery Snail

Comment

I love my well! So nice to finally be able to just add it straight to the tank.
                    -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Originally posted by soarl

This is why I love having a well! I mean I hate the nasty rust stains from my water in my laundry and everywhere else but at least I know it's going to be consistent!
                      Except for when the power goes out! I lived on a well for 15 years or so and I'm so happy to be on metered water just for the fact I can flush and shower w/o having to store a bunch of jugs of water around the house to refill toilets and such!

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B
                        Originally posted by soarl

Except for when the power goes out! I lived on a well for 15 years or so and I'm so happy to be on metered water just for the fact I can flush and shower w/o having to store a bunch of jugs of water around the house to refill toilets and such!

Well there is that. Luckily for us (knock on wood) we don't lose power. There is a person on our trunk that is on life support. Even if we did I have a generator on hand because our basement would flood in minutes without our 3 sump pumps in 2 sump pits to keep it dry!
                        8 GloFish
                        6 Glowlight Tetra
                        1 Dwarf Gourami
                        4 Mystery Snail

Comment

Wow! Glad you have a generator!

In my area most of the wells are on the more rural properties, thus they're the last priority when alot of outages are happening, ours would go out a couple times a year, sometimes for 3-4 days. It gets old driving to friends houses to bath.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I live right along the main street that the power goes down so thankfully we tend to get dealt with, thou (knock on wood) they are good around here and we really dont lose power
                            -Jim-

Comment

:;laughing In India we would have daily powercuts (by the government to save money) which would run anywhere from 9 to 16 hours. And then sometimes the transformer for my neighborhood would sometimes blow out and we'd be without power for a couple days or a week. Trust me, you can survive without power lol.
                              -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                              X