This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PetCo Browsing today

I went to PetCo to browse and I saw most exotic Betta ever.

I was so tempted to buy, but saw the price tag $19.99. I had no idea they can get that expensive. You probably want to see pictures and I did take pictures on my phone.

For that price, were the fins gilded in gold ? I have seen them pricier online, but never in a pet store. We have a PetCo in our area but it only handle pet supplies, no animals at all. The last bad flood, they made a very serious mistake and failed to evacuate their animals and lost who knows how many. It caused a real stink around here and even though they no longer handle any livestock, a lot of people (myself included), refuse to shop there any more.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Exactly right...I just can't justify spending $19.99 on a Betta or a fish especially when the fish needs a tank on its own. I think it was called an Elephant Ear Betta, absolutely stunning.

I usually shop at this PetCo for Anubias plants because I've found them to have the best looking Anubias in my area, however they didn't have any.

Comment

Elephant ear betas are awesome!

Lori, that's horrible... They obviously didn't care about their business at all.

Comment

I dirty little trick I do when buying an over priced fish, buy it then say it died and get your money back.

Petco buys bettas in bulk for pennies on the dollar. They make huge profits on their fish, it's really stupid.
          Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Don't you have to show the dead body? I know that is what you do for PetSmart.

Comment

Originally posted by AmazonPassion View Post
              Don't you have to show the dead body? I know that is what you do for PetSmart.
              For petco, no you don't need a body, just a water sample. You can always call your petco and ask about their dead fish policy. They overcharge for fish and employees are general not treated the best so I don't feel bad about doing that. lol

Comment

Re: PetCo Browsing today

These were the bettas I was talking about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1358141648408.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	137389

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1358141732905.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	137390

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Nice looking fish.

Comment

Elephant ears are pretty expensive. I think Petco sells king bettas for $30! Pretty bettas though

Comment

My king was 24.99 a year ago from petco.

Comment

I may be wrong, but I think last I checked I saw them for $29.99. That's SO much money. I love bettas, but I dunno.

Comment

I just bought him then got my money back lol.

Comment

Well that's one way to do it I've done something similar...bought cories at store A (14 day return policy), bought cories from store B (2 day return policy). A cory from store A died after the 14 day return period but before the 2 days was up soooo a cory's a cory, right?

Comment

Pretty much

Comment

Working...
                              X