This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't wait till Spring

So I can start shipping fish to people, primarily Endlers. Now, I know why I didn't want livebearers in my tank.

When does a 10g become overstock when the inhabitants are only Endlers?

Can't wait till Spring

Why not order some heat packs and ship now?
    Last edited by catsma_97504; 01-16-2013, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I know for me, even with heat packs, shipping fish is still risky. We've been getting down near -10

I'll take any Endlers off your hands you don't have room for them, CJ. In a 10 gallon, I've had near a 100 Endlers. Takes a lot of water changes but can be done.
      Last edited by Cichlidnut; 01-16-2013, 06:51 PM.
      Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Hey ill gladly take some as well! I like little endlers, gonna have a small tank on my desk with a few at work and then some at home.
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I love endlers. I just got a new group of wild chilis to mix with the group Cichlidnut sent me. I have a couple blond babies growing right now.

I edited your thread to fix the title. Changed Sprng to Spring.
          -Jonathan

Comment

Chili Endlers are not supposed to be a wild color strain. It was developed by selective breeding in the aquarium. Also, where the heck are you still finding wild caught fish?

Comment

To my knowledge chilis were bred from wild chilis which aren't as bright or have as much red coverage as domestic strains. The new ones I got can't compare to yours in color coverage but they certainly make it up in how vibrant they are.

LOL I have my sources! Mine are half wild half F1 from different wild parents unfortunately. So not all wilds but pretty close!
              -Jonathan

Comment

I didn't even think Wild Endlers still existed. Are they from Laguna de Patos or did they find another location? Also, it's not exactly safe to travel to Venezuela, that's quite a feat to still be getting wild Endlers.

Comment

They are not common but they are still around. There are some groups of breeders who are trying to reintroduce wild strains of endlers into their natural environment. Hm... I don't remember off hand where they came from. I got them a couple weeks after yours arrived.
                  -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                  X