This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good deal?

I posted an ad on Craigslist earlier today and no more than 30 minutes later I got an email with some tanks.

He said he has sizes 10, 20, 65, 75, and 125. And he said he has lots. Not really sure if that means he has lots of those sizes or what.

Anyway, he said half of retail price would be fair to him. About how much would they be? Should I offer him something else and see what he says?

What are you looking to buy? are the tanks coming with anything? I wouldn't pay more than $1 a gallon for a bare tank with no extras.
    Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

I'd offer 50 cents per gallon and see what he says. Even if he doesn't want that, you are still getting a good deal on most of these.

Comment

Is this a good deal?

They are just bare tanks. I'm looking for anything really. I'd like a 125, but I'd also like some smaller ones too.

Comment

Is this a good deal?

Offered him $.50 per gallon and he said that sounded good but he wanted a little more for the 125. I offered him $100 for it.

Comment

Nice!! Congrats on the soon to be new tanks
            -Jonathan

Comment

Is this a good deal?

Well he said he wanted $200 for the 125. Not sure yet if I want to get it or not.

I will be getting some of his smaller tanks though!

Comment

Not worth it for a used tank. IMO, the value drops half or more the second it leaves the store.

Comment

Is this a good deal?

Originally posted by Akari_32 View Post
                  Not worth it for a used tank. IMO, the value drops half or more the second it leaves the store.
                  Exactly what I thought, but I wasn't gonna argue with him since I got the other great deals.

Comment

Re: Is this a good deal?

Did you pick up the tanks? If you haven't, when you pick up the small tanks I would make a final offer while you are there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Is this a good deal?

No, I'm going this weekend to look at them.

I'll take a little extra cash with and see if I can get him to come down on the 125. Maybe at least to $150 depending on what the tank looks like.

Comment

see if you can get him to do a package deal with a few tanks that you might want.

I have noticed that anything 75 and over is getting into that realm of higher prices. The 75 can be a hit or miss but when you start talking 6ft tanks they get a bit more expensive. I am looking at ones locally and getting close to one for $200 so I think its a fair price for that size tank.

Any of the others I agree on the 50 cents per gal.
                        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I got my 150 for free but I wouldn't have paid more than a $1 a gallon for it. It just isn't worth it IMO.
                          -Jonathan

Comment

Is this a good deal?

Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
                            I got my 150 for free but I wouldn't have paid more than a $1 a gallon for it. It just isn't worth it IMO.
                            As much as I don't want to pay more than $1 per gallon for anything, around here, I almost need to if its reasonable. In my area, people seem to think their tanks a made of solid gold. It typical to see a 20 gallon tank with a hood and filter for $250. The cheapest 55g, just plain tank, that I've seen here was $180.

Comment

Re: Is this a good deal?

I have the same problem. I've seen ads where they were asking full price for their used tanks.

The worst was a 300G. The guy was asking $500 and the tank had a crack in the bottom glass. Would have to replace the glass and rebuild the tank.

Hah, I told that guy I take the tank if he paid me $300 and delivered it for free. That the expense to fix it was enough cost for a used tank.

Needless to say he got mad at that point. What a jerk. Broken tank isn't going to sell for $500.
                              - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                              Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                              Socrates

Comment

Working...
                              X