This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endler/guppy genetics

After doing much research, I can't seem to find much on the genetics involved when guppies and endlers breed.

The reason I was curious about it is because I had a female peacock endler and a blue jap guppy breed and their offspring are different from a lot of hybrids I see. There are about 30 fish in the tank now and half of them look just like blue jap guppies and half look just like peacock endlers. No "mixing" is visibly shown. Would the males that look like peacock endlers breed true if bred with a female endler or would thier fry be like mine? Here are some (bad) pictures.
    Attached Files

No, your males will not breed true. This is a first generation hybrid. There is no way to know what they will produce. What traits are you aiming for? If you are trying to breed in peacock traits, the mails are more likely to give you success rather than females. Did you get a female from this batch that looks more blue Moscow? Try breeding a male peacock to her.
    Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Endler/guppy genetics

I didn't think so. I'm not trying to breed them for any reason. A male guppy fell on the floor while I was bagging him to ship him and by the time I got him off the ground (have you ever dropped a fish on the floor? Very difficult to pick up) I just threw him in an empty tank. Well, I thought it was empty. Turns out it had a female left from my peacock endler colony that I just shipped out the day before. By the time I got him in the net and back to his own tank, he had already done his duty. Lol

Now I have a tank full of mutts and nothing to do with them. I have them posted here on the forum as feeders but I'm gonna post them on aquabid as endler hybrids/feeders.

Comment

I'd take them if I didn't have to pay shipping
        Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Endler/guppy genetics

Hmmmm. Maybe if I need the room soon for my angel fry, which I may, I'll send them to you.

Comment

Working...
          X