This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Leak

So this past weekend my Family & I made a trip to medford, Got to visit Dena and pick up a few supplies btw thanks for the visit Dena was great to visit & talk fish with some one for a bit
    Any ways while I was gone one of my 29G's that I set up two weeks ago with a pair of jewels in it started to leak, it leaked about ten gallons before some one noticed it, they emptied almost all the water and moved the pair to another tank.
    When I got home I cleaned out the tank as I was cleaning it I pulled the cave out I made for the pair a large mason jar that I tucked in the corner and coverd with sand, there was a batch of eggs
    I don't blame them but man I wish they had looked in the cave ofcourse the eggs didn't make it but oh well I don't blame my sis I actually thanked her for dealing with the tank while I was gone,
    So last night I started a reseal on the tank, should be done with it today and have it cureing and set back up soon,
    Just sucks the tank is fairly new and there was no visable damage to the silicone
    But oh well guess this stuff happens just really bummed out that they had spawned already then the tank starts leaking. Hopefully I'll have the tank set back up in a week and let the jewel pair try again.
    Matt

Wishing you a speedy resealing process. The good news that both fish were saved and I'm sure they breed again.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. If the eggs were still wet they may have been viable. I often move pairs with their eggs without having to worry about them not caring for them. Just a for future thought .

Glad your tank is almost fixed though! Are you letting cure for the full 24hrs?
      -Jonathan

Comment

Sorry to hear about the tank and the eggs but im sure the parents will try again soon. Good luck on the reseal!
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry it ended up being the tank that leaked! But, like stated above, at least your sister was able to move the pair into another tank and you didn't lose them. Now that you have a compatible pair, your jewels will breed again.

Good luck with the reseal!

It was great chatting with you as well!! Just wish I was feeling better and could have been a better hostess. Hope the new group of angels do well for both you and your sister.
          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
          Socrates

Comment

Reaseal is done a tad sloppy but gonna clean it up with razor after it cures.
            Deffinetly gonna let it cure longer then 24 hrs my 55G I let cure about 4 days and I think ill do the same for this tank,
            I checked to see if the eggs were still good but they weren't they took the heater out & the filter and it gets cold here at night the thermastat is set for 65F so that's what the house stays at, also took me 2 days to get home after the tank leaked, but they'll spawn again, the male is deffinetly pissed he's chasing the female off and there is now a another pair of jewels so there all kind off aggrivated, but hopefully ill get them moved to their own tank again real soon here.
            Matt

Comment

yeah they will get back to normal or at least what appears normal to them soon enough.
              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
              X