This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to: Express shipping

Hey everyone. I sold some guppies on aquabid last night and the buyer requested express shipping. I've never had anyone ask for express before. Lol.

What kind of box and label would I use for this?

EDIT: also, I received a bunch of plants in a styro box the other day that had a priority mail label on it. Can you ship priority mail in any type of box? I always thought you had to use a priority mail box, but I guess I was wrong.

You go to the post office and get a flatrate express box. Costs $39.95 to ship I believe. Much easier to just use flatrate express than anything thing else. There are special labels for them. Should be right above the express boxes. If not ask the post office guy where they are. The express boxes are the same size as a medium flatrate I think.

Yeah, you can use any type of box for priority but you can only use priority shipping for priority boxes lol.
    -Jonathan

Comment

Or you can go the online and order the box.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
      Last edited by AmazonPassion; 02-08-2013, 07:18 PM. Reason: inserted "can"

Comment

That sounds easy enough. Can I print out a shipping label with PayPal for it?

I'll need to go to the post office to get it. Boxes take about 2 weeks to get here when I order them online and I want to ship on Monday.

Comment

You can actually ship ANY box priority or express, just keep in mind if it isnt one of their pre packaged deals it goes by size and weight.
          -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
          If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
          Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I'm not sure if you can print or not. I wouldn't.
            -Jonathan

Comment

I print shipping labels with postage all the time. Hate wasting time standing in line at the post office! In fact, now that they will not let you print first class labels it has become such a hassle to mail anything in an envelop.

BTW, PayPal will let you print labels if the funds were transferred as a purchase and not as a gift.
              - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
              Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
              Socrates

Comment

stamps.com would be your first class solution then. Personally I have to go to the PO for work anyways so I just do all my needed stuff then.
                -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Another question. Can I ship just a plain styrofoam box? Like a small cooler box.

Comment

Originally posted by dlondon95 View Post
                    Another question. Can I ship just a plain styrofoam box? Like a small cooler box.
                    Aren't those fragile? I'd be afraid that it will break in transit.

Comment

Yeah, but it'll cost a lot of money lol.

Only use medical grade ones cause they are thicker/heavier.
                      -Jonathan

Comment

Why will it cost a lot of money? Because it's heavier?

Comment

Cause it isn't flatrate. The $39.95 boxes are flatrate.
                          -Jonathan

Comment

I looked up shipping it by weight and its actually gonna be cheaper. Lol. Which is really surprising confiding its going all the way to California from Pennsylvania. .

Comment

Wow. Don't forget to factor in the weight of the heatpack, box, and everything else! Good luck .
                              -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                              X