This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 gallon betta tank

At one point this tank was divided with two bettas. Long story short, it turned out to be a bad idea! So now it's Boris' tank all to himself.

My 55 gallon is my "manicured" tank, where everything has its spot and looks planned-out. This tank is the opposite! I toss plants in wherever there is room. There are big plants in the front and little plants in the back and I don't even care. Boris doesn't seem to mind either.

In this tank:
    Wisteria
    Dwarf sag
    Java moss
    Java fern
    Bronze crypts
    Anubias nana
    Anubias congensis
    Anubias afzelii
    Banana plant
    Red ludwigia
    Driftwood, rocks

The giant sponge filter is definitely temporary. It said it was for a 10 gallon tank!! Bull. It looks like a nuclear reactor. It's so tall the plastic tube doesn't even fit, so it's probably not even doing anything (IE I doubt there's any water flowing through the sponge). It's hanging out in there until I get another one rated for a 5 gallon tank (like the one in Vlad's tank). Hopefully that one will be small enough that I can hide it behind plants.

Any comments are welcome! Please ignore the pink sand in the front, that got transferred from Vlad's tank during water changes this evening
    Attached Files

The tank looks very nice! I like where the plants are located.

Comment

Looks awesome. Very healthy plants.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Thanks Dillon! Definitely happened by chance haha. Especially since there used to be a divider in there, so I had to fill in the gap when I removed it. The driftwood helped with that.

Edit: Thank you AP The anubias congensis developed holes in the leaves and hadn't grown for ages, but it just put out a new leaf! The ludwigia isn't growing at all, but it isn't doing well in the 55 (ferts, CO2, bright lights) so that's expected.

Comment

That looks awesome Kinezumi I love how it is an unplanned jungle my favourite kind of tank
          Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Thank you Sarah!

Comment

Oh wow I love it... if you didn't say it was a 10g I would have thought it was bigger :* great job!
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
              2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
              1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
              40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
              "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Haha thank you! Just a 10 gallon

I'm having an annoying algae problem in there though, not sure if you can see it on the tips of the crypts. Dunno what it is. I'm trying dosing excel every day to see if it will help.

Comment

Looks like some kind of hair algae? I know people will disagree but have you though to add maybe 3 otos to that tank? They could help with your algae...
                  2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
                  "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I'd be worried about once the algae was gone. There's already three nerites in there (will be two permanently, one is going to ZeeZ). Plus there are a zillion MTS. And I hear otos don't like prepared food sometimes. They are cute though

Comment

They are!!! My petsmart actually waits til they are eating prepared food before selling now so I would feel comfertable buying them... but i understand why you won't... and i thought nerites were algae machines... your are slacking there haha
                      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

LOL I know! Maybe they don't like that kind?

Comment

You would have to get it ID'd by rogue, Dena, CJ, or matt (sorry haha don't know if anyone else would know sorry if your not on the list haha) maybe they can help you figure out what it is and the best course of action to remove it...
                          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I know Dena has a thread on algae types, I need to revisit it. The branched look makes me think of staghorn algae.

Comment

Denas list is great on what it might be, can you get a better pic of it? I have looked at a great number of branchy types when I was having an issue in the past and can get close on alot of them. Usually its all about nutrients, light, or flow. Something has to change to get it to go away.
                              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X