10g Dirted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10g Dirted

Hey guys. So I upgraded my 3g Pico to a 10g cause I had too much HC. I like the way it has turned out so far. Not terribly happy with the scape but I can fix that later. Plants seem to have moved well. I don't think I have enough of a cap on the dirt but I could be wrong. I'll probably be adding some more Floramax soon. Here are pictures of the hardscape and after it was planted. Still growing emersed!

-Jonathan

Oh wow you really did get a lot... I like that scape also! Is the plan still for the dwarf puffer?
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Oh, how exciting!! Everything looks great! Look forward to new pics to see the progress.
      Christine

Comment

Thanks .

Nope. Not getting a DP. This scape wouldn't work for it.
        -Jonathan

Comment

Oh okay... betta then
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
          "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Don't like bettas LOL.
            -Jonathan

Comment

You vicious cruel old man... how could anyone not like bettas... they are like... like... idk unicorns xD
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
                You vicious cruel old man... how could anyone not like bettas... they are like... like... idk unicorns xD
                - possibly old man, no one knows !
                When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

XD fine... You vicious cruel possibly old man... how could anyone not like bettas... they are like... like... idk unicorns xD
                  2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Well this possibly old man just doesn't like bettas! No real reason I guess other than them not getting along with each other or anything else that moves, usually. They're one of those fish where I think, "Eh, been there. Done that."
                    -Jonathan

Comment

I guess I get it you could always get wild bettas... like Imbellis (aka peaceful betta)

Do younhave any plans at all for it, fish wise?
                      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I love it so far, those rocks look great as the retaining portion and I love how the hc creeps up the embankment, looking good
                        __________________________________________________ _____
                        Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                        110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Thanks Matt! That hill was pretty difficult to make with the dirt and such. I ended up using rocks as a base and then pouring dirt and Floramax over it. Then added the stones on the outside. Still doesn't look quite like I want it to. I was hoping for a much steeper hill lol.

No Sean. I have no plans for any kind of stock. Well... yes I do. And the only plan so far is to catch that gosh darn bladder snail that some how got in the tank.
                          -Jonathan

Comment

That sounds like it should stay together like that. Imo its good you didn't go higher, once its underwater the higher it is the more prone it'll be to sloughing off, also, gotta leave a little vertical room for plants

Once the hc grows in I'm imaging the hill and lower area covered leaving the blue/white rocks visible, that'll look so cool!
                            __________________________________________________ _____
                            Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                            110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Awesome hardscape!

Don't worry Rogue, your not the only one who doesn't like betas

Comment

Working...
                              X