This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55g Planted Angel tank

Well this is my 55g planted tank, I have a very lengthy thread on it on fl but figured I need to get it on here

Filtration is one Aquatop CF400UV and an Azoo sponge rated at 25g.

Lighting is an Odyssea 48" dual T5HO, the tank gets excel, flourish comp and leafzone on alternating days.....that is until next week when my dry ferts arrive and will be going along the PPS method It will still get excel
    Stock is in flux alot but currently 1M 2F angels, 8 Sterbai Cories, 10 Congo tetras, a BN pleco and mystery and mts snails.

Plants are Cabomba's furcata, caroliniana and purple (coming back from a snafu of mine that killed alot of it). A small amount of DHG, narrow and normal leaf micro sword, dwarf amazon sword, anubias nana and amazon sword. I am growing out mesh bags of Xmas moss for the tree in another tank.

Here is a video to get everyone acquainted with it.

Last edited by Matt B; 03-17-2013, 11:41 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Always loved that tank, thanks for posting it here as well Matt!
    ~Erin
    10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

It's looking really good Matt I love how the sterbai look against the black substrate and how it makes your plecs colour pop. You know I love your angels everyone is looking very happy and healthy and the congo's looks beautiful
      Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Thanks guys I'm growing that and another albino BN out to trade in for a gold nugget and then this tank will get a clown pleco which I think will look good with the black substrate. Albino's just aren't my thing.

Also, being garage sale season, I'm on the lookout for the largest tank I can find that will fit on this stand, probably a 75 or 90g, so with some luck this tank will be upgraded soon.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Very nice! Everyone looks happy .
          -Jonathan

Comment

Looks great. I am jealous that you have cabomba in your tank. When I put it in mine, the angels ate every bit of it.
            __________________________________________________ __________
            Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Thanks, My angels do pick at it! They like the "feet" roots that hang down and whorls that aren't the healthiest so I kinda like it. It used to be suck a jungle but I accidently used antiglare glass on a lid and before I knew it, all the cabomba was dead or dying. By the end of it I went from a square foot packed with 18" stems to a sq foot sparsely populated with 3" stems Its coming back though.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Do u cut the cacomba and plant the trimmings?

Comment

Yep, thats exactly what I do. The upper whorls can shade the lower so when I was trying to get a bunch of stems going I was cutting and replanting when they got about 6".

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Great tank buddy.

Love how the substrate looks with sand and small rocks breaking the uniformity. The tank looks really busy too with the congos swimming back and forth like that.

Comment

Looking good Matt
                      When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

looking good matt! I remember the talk of that hill in the corner.

I still love that tree too.
                        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Thanks guys This thread will soon turn into my 100g panted angel tank Quick update: Got my dry ferts and started pps today at half dose, omitted nitrates from the mix, I have plenty of those.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Yay! I have 1ppm phosphates now, still no measurable iron. Tomorrow I will increase Micro's to full dose and leave Macro's at half to see what the phosphate does.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

What kind of Angels are they?... Honestly they look similar to what I am trying to do... though it looks like a blue cobalt & zebra mix... I'm trying for Blue Cobalt & Silver Mix... until a get a really nice Zebra or Marble
                              It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                              As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Working...
                              X