Fish Room!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Room!

Well here it is. It's nothing special, but it's a start!

Currently I only have 4 tank running in there. They are as follows:

10g Marmokreb tank

20g long Japanese blue swordtail guppy tank

10g Peacock endler/Jap blue guppy hybrid tank. I didn't really mean for these guys to get mixed up, but I had one female endler in the tank and I accidentally put a couple male guppies in it thinking she was a guppy. Despite me taking them out right away.... she was pregnant... lol. I plan on giving these guys out in RAOK's or giving them to my LFS.

110g discus. I'm pretty sure I've stunted them I've been so busy an could only do weedly water changes on them for the first month or so that I had them. They've only grown maybe 1/2-1 inch in the almost 3 months I've had them. I'm getting back on track with their water changes and I'm hoping to grow them out fast and start breeding them.

This week I'm going to work on getting my DD Black Angels into my 55g in the fishroom so they can get more water changes and grow out faster. Right now they are my 75g community tank and they don't get near the amount of water changes they should.

That's it for know. I'll update with pics as I move along.

Re: Fish Room!

not a bad start to the room really. I wish I had a larger tank up and running.
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Good start!
      The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

Very nice! Those discus should start behaving properly once they get used to the extra clean water.
        -Jonathan

Comment

Great start to your fish room.

perhaps you can create a new strain of Discus- Dwarf Discus

Comment

Definitely a great start!
            - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
            Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
            Socrates

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Amazon, I like the dwarf discus idea

The room is very cramped right now so I think come January or February, I'm going to modify my tank racks. Here's a pic of the current rack.

Comment

Nice! I really wish I could have a dedicated fish room.

Comment

Can you do a footprint of the room with any and all electrical noted as well as plumbing and some fairly accurate numbers?
                  -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Originally posted by pirahnah3
                    Can you do a footprint of the room with any and all electrical noted as well as plumbing and some fairly accurate numbers?
                    Here's what I know.

Electrical: Everything is powered by 2 extension cords that come from the next room. One goes into a 15 plug industrial power strip and the other to a normal power strip for just the 110g tank and a refrigerator.

Plumbing: The room is actually meant to be a bathroom, so there is a sink drain (the one my sink is hooked up to), a toilet drain which sticks up about 8 inches out of the ground, and an approximately 12inx12in whole in the floor for a shower. There is a copper hot and cold line that runs right over top the room to go to the kitchen that I tapped into and ran to my sink.

I'm not sure of the measurements. I'll have to measure it.

My dad and I have plans of running electrical wires to the room with their own breaker.

Comment

Okay, here's a little drawling I made.

The area where the tanks are, the 7.5ftx8.5ft section, is lifted about 7 inches from the rest of the floor. Again, bathroom... There is about 5 feet of usable space to the right of the tanks that just has a ton of random junk laying there. If I can get it all cleaned up and put in the shed, I can have a lot of extra space.

I plan on taking the rack apart and making a new one that just sits against the walls instead of taking up all the space in the middle of the floor.

Comment

What about making the big square rack more of a U shape.
                        -Jim-

Comment

That's the plan. I was going to just split the rack in half and add ends to each half, but I'm not really happy with how high the top shelves are, so I think I will just completely redo them.

Comment

Cool, I could also see another L shape where the tiles are matching up the tanks to the raised area that would still give oyu plenty of walking room and room for tanks.

You could also prob build a custom rack for some 20 highs in where that storage cabinet is if you move that to where some of the random junk is. That would also keep it a little closer to the sink for water changes.
                            -Jim-

Comment

That sounds good. I think I will have enough space on the raised part until I clean up the junk and tiles. I don't want to plan anything TOO big because all this will need tore down in a few years....

Comment

Working...
                              X