No announcement yet.

Rogue's 150g Planted Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys! Quick update on the tank. I have a bunch of wood soaking in the bath tub for the tank. I have to strip the bark off it first but it should look pretty good. I hope at least. I lost almost all my new fish unfortunately. I think I had a slight spike in ammonia due to rotting plants leaves. I didn't find any dead fish, just noticed all my new fish were gone haha. The pleco is fine though! He's a little champ. Keeping diatoms off the glass but I have a lot on the gravel bed. Lastly, I have a new pleco. A tiny Rhino Pleco (Pterygoplichthys scrophus). I'll try to get a picture of him soon. He's a little reclusive but should be fun to watch when he gets bigger.

Also, I've noticed that Aquabid is quite bare compared to a year or two ago. Where do y'all get your fish now?
    -Jonathan

Comment

Sorry for your losses. Not many are shipping fish due to the crazy weather. Now that it is officially Spring hopefully that will change soon. I know my tanks are bursting at the seams.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

- Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
      Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
      Socrates

Comment

Sorry to hear about the losses, never fun to lose fush but glad to hear the Pleco's are still hanging in there.

Cant really speak to Aquabid too much, trying to stay off there to keep the ideas from happening lol.
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Hey guys! Slight update on my tank. Everything is going well and I'm slowly stocking it. I went diving in the river last week and collected some wood for the tank. Treated it for a week and took off as much of the rotting bark as possible. The large log actually has java moss growing all over it which I'm excited about. I kinda just tossed it in the tank for now, but I will move it around a bit. I have some guppies, platies, swordtails, and mollies so far. I also have my plecos of course. The livebearers are doing their job and procreating quite well. I have at least 20 babies darting around in between the plants.

-Jonathan

Comment

Looking good! Love the log. Nice it came with moss too.
            - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
            Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
            Socrates

Comment

I like it, Im sure once the plants take off you will have a huge overstock of fish with those live bearers lol.
              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Great! I love plecos

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Robin
                55g, 10g, 5g
                55g and another 10g being planned.

Comment

Working...
                X