100G Planted Angel Tank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100G Planted Angel Tank

Alright guys, I gave it a quick wipedown but it needs a vinegar scrub bad! The water levels were kept low in it because it used to house turtles so there is alot of deposits on the glass, the turtles also scratched it up a bit but it won't show up in pictures.

The glass including the crossbrace is 1/2" thick and it has a good chip taken out of the glass in the back corner, I would say the depression is about 1/8", because of where it is located at the junction of two pieces where it is thicker, it makes me feel better about it. The intake in the overflow is HUGE! I was thinking I would just us it to force feed my canister but now I'm looking at empty 10g's I have and thinking sump. We'll see.

I won't set this up until well into April at the soonest so right now its just going to sit full of water for a couple weeks and then I'll scrub it with vinegar and begin my scape! The back will be painted black and my wife hates the brown trim so I have to paint that too.

Pictures below after quick cleanup and one with my dog Sadie as reference Her head is at about 30-32" OR 76-81 cm for our friends across the pond.

__________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Gonna look good when you get it all cleaned up. Can't wait to see progress pics.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Definitely looking forward to seeing the progress of this tank.
      Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

New tank aroo can't wait to see this getting set up
        Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Thanks guys I'm excited to plan it out I'm kinda glad it's going to be a little while so I can take my time and get it how I want.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I'll trade you dogs. You can have my moms dog, and I'll take yours ;D

Comment

Just think of all the beautiful trees and caves you can make for it I forsee the need for lots of pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Akari_32 View Post
                I'll trade you dogs. You can have my moms dog, and I'll take yours ;D
                No thank you She's mine and I love her excessively active gastrointestinal tract and all

I know Sarah! I still am just getting ideas and haven't really decided for sure on anything yet!

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I am happy for you bro, a really exciting time, tank looks huge!!
                  When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

Nice tank! Can't wait to see it when it's all set up!

Comment

I know the title says, "Planted Angel Tank" does that mean it will only hold Angels?
                      Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

It'll will house 5 at least if they'll let me get away with it, other than that I'm thinking a large eel and adding females to the congo school.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Where are your sterbai's going?
                          ~Erin
                          10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B View Post
                            It'll will house 5 at least if they'll let me get away with it, other than that I'm thinking a large eel and adding females to the congo school.
                            The eel from Jonathan? I bet you already have an idea on how you want it to look I remember when I was planning my big tank and I had it all planned out and then it all went to pot when I started lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raerianna View Post
                              Where are your sterbai's going?
                              I don't know, they'll stay for now.
                              Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                              The eel from Jonathan? I bet you already have an idea on how you want it to look I remember when I was planning my big tank and I had it all planned out and then it all went to pot when I started lol
                              No, thats a peacock, I was thinking more like a fire eel for this tank. I have ideas but not on the overall layout, I'm concentrating on dressing up the overflow to not be an ugly black box right now.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Working...
                              X