This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 63.5 gallon part 2 (the .5 is still very import

I've been duped by my snails I've just been watching the snails whilst supposed to be doing chores and what did I spy?

A newly hatched mystery snail there are many I already have too many.

The clutch was in a really hard to see place I have moved it over to the temporary snailtopia.

Why am I blessed which such prolific snails that have such healthy babies. At this rate I'm going to have to do the unthinkable at least I've got a bigger tank for them to go in the little rascals I never thought I would view mystery snails as pests

They are so very cute though
    Never underestimate the power of a smile

I think your snails are part bunny rabbit - they are always having babies
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

They certainly are maybe ill get some different colours out of these. I'm going to have to be extra vigilant during clutch watch these snails are getting devious

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364903229.174987.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	137942

Little piggies can't even have 5 minutes without being harrassed lol

The chasing has stopped now and they are all back to swimming around together which is just lovely to see
      Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 04-02-2013, 07:34 AM. Reason: Merged postings

Comment

I'm glad they're hanging out Sarah Also, I wouldn't get too worried if they chase a bit for now, they have some room to not be next to eachother if they don't want to.

I just fed my 65g yesterday after a 2 day fast, you should have seen the Angels in that tank! They were famished!! It actually looked like any other day really, I guess they are equally famished from 2days with out food or 5 minutes. lol!
        __________________________________________________ _____
        Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
        110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Beautiful Angels!... I just found a hitchhiker from my new plants... instead of getting rid of it I decided to keep it... its black with a crackle shell look...so we shall see...
          It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
          As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

New snailie

Thank you I do love my new angels. Monty has now stopped picking on them and has decided he doesn't like rainbow fish? I'm not worried though there is no chance he will catch any lol

Comment

I view the snail breeding as a good sign as they won't lay eggs unless they feel relatively safe and have good water! So I applaud you on that my dear however I still say get an assassin if you can't find homes... I'd take some from you but importation would be costly...
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
              2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
              1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
              40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
              "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

"Ive been duped by my snails"

Said only one person ever!!!

Your one of a kind Mrs. Magoosef!
                When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
                  I view the snail breeding as a good sign as they won't lay eggs unless they feel relatively safe and have good water! So I applaud you on that my dear however I still say get an assassin if you can't find homes... I'd take some from you but importation would be costly...
                  Thank you Sean I have already got two assassins Ezio and Altair who are residing in Mord's old tank when I take them down there is only one tank to put them in so they should do some population control survival of the fittest they will be going in with mts too.

The ponds will be gotten rid of I don't have space for everyone

Originally posted by Al :D View Post
                  "Ive been duped by my snails"

Said only one person ever!!!

Your one of a kind Mrs. Magoosef!
                  I'm always getting duped by my aquatic babies
                  Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 04-02-2013, 07:11 PM. Reason: merged posts

Comment

Wow I like ur angels

Comment

Thank you Cody wish they were more angelic.

Considering I was worried about my new guys I shouldn't have been they have been named now too and names I can say on here

The passive cute one is called Dante the naughty I'm going to chase them all about and not care who sees is called Snot because he is a snot. He has decided that he wants the tank to himself he even chases Herschel and Monty who are bigger than him.

He doesn't do it all the time but more than I like I'm seriously considering putting him in the 14 gallon for a week or two and then putting him back to see if that will cure his wantant misbehaviour that or take him back. I really don't want to have to but his behaviour is driving me nuts.

Is there anything I can do to maybe stop it? There isn't allot of rearranging I can do apart from taking the tank down and starting again which is pretty much a no go as I would have to do it with the fish in and I fear the stress would pretty much kill the cories they are skittish at the best of times.

I did lose a cory the other day but it wasn't disease or Snot related he was the biggest out of all of them so I think he was old he was huge and as they are wild caught it is very hard to determine their age the rest are happy and healthy I have been monitoring them as closely as I can.

Any suggestions on how to make Snot behave are more than welcome I could replant some of the rotala in the middle to break up the line of sight?

Comment

I wish I could help you with that but I can't. I started out with 8 in my 150. Then I had to take 4 of them out and put them in the 75 because the ones that paired up were making life miserable for the other 4. Then 2 of the ones in the 75 seem to have paired up so the leftovers are now in the new 37 I just got. I don't know what I am going to do with them. I can't keep them there because I bought it for a grow out tank for my baby angels. I am going to see if my niece wants them now that she is finally getting her tank set up.
                        Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I hope you can work something out Lori I share your pain

Please don't hate me everyone I got in from work and Snot came flying over but I couldn't see anyone else? No rainbows no other angels no cories? Usually Herschel and Monty always come out to say hello but not tonight and then I saw Monty and the huge tear in his bottom fin and then went looking for the others I think Snot went on a rampage

He had to be moved I only have snailtopia so I know it's a risk and I do feel bad but since I moved him the rainbows are out the cories are snuffling and Herschel and Smudge ( I changed Dantes name she's too cute to be called Dante) are out Monty is still cowering behind the filter tube.

Even bong has been absnailing. Now I'm at a loss what to do. If I do some replanting Wednesday which is the earliest should I add him back or leave it a bit to let him settle I don't want to stress him. I've sent out some feelers to see if I can get him a new home as an option too.

I can't believe the change in the tank the little menace.

I feel bad for putting him in a smaller tank but I feel I had no choice please don't hate me ill figure something out but as I am back at work my time is very limited

Comment

Don't feel bad Sarah. It was either him or stress out everybody else. I think you did the right thing taking him out. I hate seeing them fight even though it is supposed to be natural. I would leave him out at least until you have rescaped the tank and then try to re-introduce him if you want. Otherwise maybe your lfs will take him back?
                            Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Thank you Lori it makes me feel better that you understand I do love the little guy but if you saw the tank before and the change now it was like flicking a switch. Also the state of my poor angels they all have tatty fins and missing scales my poor babies

It was so stressful moving him I hope he settles he may be in there for a week or so. He thoroughly hates me at the moment though I feel like poo

Comment

Working...
                              X