25G planted GBR Tank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25G planted GBR Tank

I noticed my female GBR was looking plump and getting really reddish around the belly so I decided to take some pics tonight. Soon after taking pics they spawned. Too bad I didn't watch them longer but its ok. They seem like they might be working on another spawn somwhere in the back but I can't see it. Time will tell. The poor kuhli loaches are taking a beating but they should be ok as long as they don't venture too mmuch or too close. First spawn was sept 9th at around the same time 10:30-11:00. And I got them on August 17TH. I'm hoping things go better this time.

Working on uploading pics in my album now.

[album:vg60xijv]12[/album:vg60xijv][album:vg60xijv]13[/album:vg60xijv][album:vg60xijv]14[/album:vg60xijv][album:vg60xijv]15[/album:vg60xijv]
    Matt

Re: 25G planted GBR Tank

that is awesome news!!!!

Comment

Very pretty fish Matt! I really like your females coloring.

I've deleted your duplicate post since you had the same pictures in your first post.
      -Jonathan

Comment

So this morning there were only about half the eggs left I'm hoping they moved them but dunno.

And a pic of female before the spawn

eggs this morning[album:qhh0uho6]19[/album:qhh0uho6][album:qhh0uho6]18[/album:qhh0uho6][album:qhh0uho6]12[/album:qhh0uho6]
        Matt

Comment

You may want to leave the lights on. Often I've found cichlids will not eat their eggs at night when they lights stay on.
          -Jonathan

Comment

I asked in fishlore if I should leave the lights on. No answer.
            Not sure why I didn't ask here guess I was super tired last night.
            So how long should I leave the lights on?

For some reason I can't all the pics that were posted but when I was fixing the post on edit I could see them. Weird.

So I'm pretty sure the female is eating the eggs or moved them I just went and checked on them there is ony 9 eggs left so I moved the rock to a diy breeder box I made.

So it seems for now spawn number 2 is unsuccesfull hope they get it right soon.
            Matt

Comment

It takes around 5-10 spawns before they get it right from my experience. No worries, they'll figure it out eventually lol. Leave the lights on all day and all night. Or, if natural sunlight hits the tank, you could leave the lights on whenever sunlight isn't keeping the tank bright.

I merged your posts. Remember, there is a edit key on the top right hand corner of your post.
              -Jonathan

Comment

Being as this was their first spawn, it comes as no surprise that the eggs are being eaten. You will have many more spawns; and hopefully many babies in your future!

I agree with leaving the lights on, even a small nightlight so that the tank never gets too dark would help. The darkness seems to cause new parents stress.

Best of luck with your rams!
                - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                Socrates

Comment

this was their second spawn, I know it takes them a while to get it right i was just hoping for the best, gonna try to get an led night light setup for their next spawn i might even take the kuhli loaches out not sure yet.
                  Matt

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

I must agree, you beautiful GBRs. I can't wait until yours breed successfully.

Comment

So I went to shut the lights out and there doing it they were spawning so I wached em for a while.
                        This will be there third try I hope there succesful. They seem to be spawning every two weeks so that is a very good sign. So I'm gonna leave the lights on tonight and turn them off when the sun is up cause it will brighten the room up enough for them to be able to see.
                        Was wondering if I should leave the C02 running also then shut it off in the morning when the lights go out.
                        Matt

Comment

Congratulations! Your GBRs must be very happy to spawn every other week.

If you plan on leaving the lights on all night and off during the day, then it would be best to run the CO2 overnight as well. Run the CO2 while the lights are on will help to minimize the algae; and it will avoid the potential of gassing your fish.
                          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                          Socrates

Comment

so I've been checking on them about every 30 minutes this time the eggs were all gone.
                            It was a bit cloudy today so the sun didn't really brighten the room up. But I put a small night light on top of the tank along with an led flash light. And left the room light on. I belive the female ate them not sure though. I didn't have a good feeling with this spawn off the bat all the eggs were really white, as apposed to the first two trys they were brownish/white. Welp should have another try in two weeks. Ill get some more pics next time. I'm hoping to find a decent night light to put on their tank too. So I don't have to worry about turning the lights out.
                            Matt

Comment

well hopefully they get it and leave them alone for ya soon.
                              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X