10G Multi-Purpose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10G Multi-Purpose

Since my 10g, formerly known as my QT tank has been taking on new additions lately I decided to make a thread for it.

Lighting is a marineland 22 led hood, Filtration varies: Sponge filter and/or Aqueon 20 HOB, Kept at 78 currently. Normally barebottom but I added a light layer of sand for incoming cories.

Right now the tank holds a small school of juvenile Gold Barbs bound for Dena in the near future. Also, a large hang on specimen container houses about 20? Sterbai cory fry in varying stages of development. I have the outlet of my sponge filter turned to constantly refill/overflow the specimen container from the main tank. So for no babies have come anywhere near getting sucked out but we'll see how that goes, I may dremel some slots in it. Any way, here's pictures:

__________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

That is pretty cool Matt. I am making room for incoming Sterbai juvies in my tank
    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Baby corys are the cutest
      Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Congrats on the fry!
        -Jonathan

Comment

Thanks guys

Patience NS, Patience

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

That is a really neat little setup.
            __________________________________________________ __________
            Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Thanks Lori. I was doing the net breeder thing in the 55g but there is just too much "stuff" living in there. The mesh kept getting fouled with algae and stuff, not to mention it killed a couple free swimmers that got stuck between the framework and the net. I love this because the container is so transparent, the pictures of the wrigglers with their yolks almost gone were ones I didn't even know were in the net breeder because it was so hard to see! Also the constant movement keeps the container pretty clean.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Congrats on the fry!

Comment

Yet again..even though it's just a 10g it always looks so sleek and clean. Curse you and your sleek and cleanness Matt, curse you!
                  ~Erin
                  10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

It amazes me, that most fish fry look the same yet turn out so differently
                    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Thanks Rae Sorry! I like things squared away!

Me too Anthony! When I scrutinize them reeeaaally closely I think I can see the start of little cory faces on the generic fry body, neat.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Can tell you are a plumber! Nice decor...lol
                        - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                        Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                        Socrates

Comment

Haha! I just thought, "Where would I hide?...........I got it! A sewer line!!!"

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I wish my cories would breed but they never have in captivity. Can't wait to watch these grow and develop
                            Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Well, it won't be this batch unfortunately. I switched to a smaller airpump because I was afraid of them getting pushed out. I don't think it moved enough water, there is 1 survivor. No worries, they'll make more.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Working...
                              X