X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planted 5 Gallon

Hey guys!
    I am going to be getting a new 5 gallon tank for my betta. It is going to include plants and other natural things. I am going to be posting pictures, too! It would be appreciated if you can give me any ideas or plant options. Any help is needed! Thanks in advance!

Rotala, java ferns, ludwigia, anubias, hornwort, pennywort moneywort, crypts
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

lighting is the big factor, then it comes to fertalizers and co2. Cant wait to see the pics, we love pics here.
      -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
      If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
      Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

The plants I listed are sitting on my 10g and they are growing super awesome with just lighting from the window... And when I remember to turn on the lights lol
        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
        2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
        1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
        40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Broad leafed plants are great with bettas as they sometimes sleep on the leaves. Otherwise, any of the low light plants would make a great addition. The most common being anubias, cryptos, dwarf sag; even red tiger lily makes for a nice focal plant, but can quickly outgrow a smaller tank.

Other items are rocks, so long as they will not react with the water, such as limestone; or driftwood.

Have fun setting up your tank!
          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
          Socrates

Comment

Like said above, broadleafed plants are great for them. I have anubias in all my tanks and the bettas like to nap on them. I only have strip lights across the tops of 2 of mine and the plants grow great.
            __________________________________________________ __________
            Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

my anubias are really happy under about any light. I agree that they would be best for a betta so that they can lounge on them.
              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I was wondering if I could buy any snails to put in with the betta. I am asking you this because I know the betta is very violent so I don't know if it could be with a snail. Also, does it matter what kind of light I get? (I.e CFL, Incandescent?)

Comment

Originally posted by Porschefan87 View Post
                  Thanks everyone! I was wondering if I could buy any snails to put in with the betta. I am asking you this because I know the betta is very violent so I don't know if it could be with a snail. Also, does it matter what kind of light I get? (I.e CFL, Incandescent?)
                  I would go with CFL instead of incandescent bulbs.

About the snail, if you think the betta is a meanie then I would suggest not putting a snail.
                  Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

You could always try MTS (malaysian trumpet snails): they are livebearers that reproduce steadily, aerate your substrate, and consume leftover food.

Comment

What kind of snails are you thinking of? I have 3 bettas. They each have their own 10G tank. Two of the bettas have pygmy cories and ramshorn snails and mts. The other one has 2 mystery snails and ramshorns and mts. So far I haven't had any problems. A lot depends on the individual betta. You could probably try a mystery snail in there and see how it goes. Just make sure you have somewhere for the snail to go if the fish decides he doesn't like him.
                      __________________________________________________ __________
                      Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I have hygrophilia corymbosa and some crypt wendtii. My betta doesn't seem to mind some MTSs, either.

What lighting do you have?
                        I'm a piphilologist; are you?

?(Click on the photo!)

Comment

Working...
                        X