This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max's House

I recently stole Max's 15g to make a sump, what betta needs 15g anyways? lol, So now he is set up in this nice 10g Filtration is a sponge filter "rated" for 25g, lighting is one 18" t-8 6500k and the tank is kept at 79F. Other inhabitants include Mystery and Trumpet snails and the plants are java fern, Christmas moss and subwassertang with a few bulbs here and there.

And the MAN himself He ripped his dorsal a bit yesterday

__________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Very nice tank. And Max is a real beauty.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I love the look of this tank. Looks great.
      Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Thanks guys

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Love it! I am sure Max does too.
          Christine

Comment

Aww he's so pretty! How much do you feed him? He still looks so plump compared to mine

Comment

Thanks Christine

I switched to flakes so I don't have as accurate a count as when I was feeding him pellets Zumi. After feeding the other tanks I just stick the wet tip of my finger in and whatever sticks he gets. I guess maybe a dime sized portion of flakes once or twice a day.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Oh that's quite a bit. Mine seem to have big bellies so I've been doing five Thera+A pellets twice daily, though if they're looking full still I sometimes only do once daily. Boris has zucchini/cucumber for the mystery snails and I'm sure he's been munching on that. Maybe I'll try giving them some flakes too, as a little variety

Comment

I think you're doing fine with that regimen for now, he is putting on weight well. Maybe once he plateaus we can figure out some adjustments. Variety never hurts! I just switched to flakes because I was spending too much on NLS so my tanks are all on Jon's food now with the exception of some wafers now and again.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

The tank looks great brother: He's so handsome!

Comment

Thanks Sister

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Welp no flakes for them, Boris pretty obviously turned his fishy nose up at them He veeery slowly took a nibble, chewed on it, and spit it out, then looked at me for pellets, even though more flakes were floating around I put an NLS pellet in and he attacked the think lol. Maybe I'll increase to 6 or 7 pellets twice daily.

Comment

Beautiful tank Matt I'm Max has forgiven you
                          I must say Max is looking gorgeous as ever such a handsome boy

I used to feed Mordin and Henry 5-7 pellets twice a day and fast them on Sundays which would result in tantrums and sulking from the two monkeys

EDIT: sorry for the double post I was trying to quote Zumi. Still trying to get used to this phone
                          Last edited by catsma_97504; 05-24-2013, 01:16 PM. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
                          Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Thanks Sarah, Max says thanks too

Ah well, bettas can be brats, at least you tried Zumi

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Simple & Clean...can't believe you chopped his condo down 5 gallons.... what will your poor betta do in these living conditions.... (*sarcasm*)
                              It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                              As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Working...
                              X